Author : Soumya H.V 1
Date of Publication :7th November 2016
Abstract: The concept of fuzzy logic is based near the human thinking and natural activities. It presents predicates which are present in nature and similar to those either big or small. This theory mimics human psychology as to how a person makes the decision faster. Fuzzy logic is a superset of conventional (Boolean) logic that has been extended to handle the concept of partial truth values between "completely true" and "completely false. It can be implemented in hardware, software, or a combination of both. It can be built into anything from small, hand held products to large computerized process control systems. In the present competitive scenario the fuzzy logic system are being adopted by the automotive manufacturers for the improvement of quality and reduction of development time and the cost as well. Fuzzy logic was conceived as a better method for sorting and handling data but has proven to be an excellent choice for many control system applications.
- Zadeh, L.A., (1965), Fuzzy sets. Information Control 8, 338–353.
- Wang, J., Yang, J.B., Sen, P., (1995), Safety analysis and synthesis using fuzzy sets and evidential reasoning. Reliability Engineering and System Safety 47, 103–118.
- Ghotb F, Warren L.(1995), A case study comparison of the analytic hierarchy process and fuzzy decision methodology. Eng Econ.40(3):233–47.
- Zeng J, An M, Smith NJ.(2007), Application of a fuzzy based decision making methodology to construction project risk assessment. Int J Project Manage, 25:589–600.
- Sugeno (1974) M. Theory of fuzzy integrals and its application. Tokyo Institute of Technology, Doctoral dissertation.
- J.G. Klir,(1990) (special issue Editor), Int. J. Gen. Sys. 17.
- L.A. Zadeh, Int. J. Gen. Sys. 17 (1990) 95.