Author : Sateesh.N.Dodamani 1
Date of Publication :7th February 2017
Abstract: Energy is the basic need of human being. We are interested to turn science into green science by using nonconventional sources of energy. Sun emits solar radiation, which can be converted into electricity with the help of solar panels. This generated electricity can be further utilized to perform mechanical work. Farmer is the heart of Indian Economy and our research gives support by making farmer friendly solar operated pesticide sprayer pump. A Solar Operated Pesticide Sprayer is a pump running on electricity generated by photovoltaic panels or the thermal energy available from collected sunlight as opposed to grid electricity or diesel run water pumps. The size of the PV-system is directly dependent on the size of the pump, the amount of water that is required and the solar radiation available. In agriculture, spraying of pesticides is an important task to protect the crops from insects for obtaining high yield. Hence the system can be easily operated and there is no need of additional labourers which increases the efficiency of farmers.
- R. JOSHUA, V. VASU & P. VINCENT, Solar Sprayer-An Agriculture Implement, International Journal of Sustainable Agriculture2 (1): 16- 19,2010ISSN 2079-2107
- Solar photovoltaic for sustainable agriculture and rural development, by B. van Campen,D. Guidi and G. Best, Environment and Natural Resources Working Paper No. 2 FAO, Rome, 2000
- Sootha, G.D. and S.K. Gupta, 1991. Jugal Kishor (Ed.) Solar Energy Centre. Proceedings of the Workshop on Technology Transfer.
- Rao, G.D. Solar Energy, Solar Photo-Voltaic Electric Power Generation, 15: 434-484.
- Rajesh, Kumar and O.S. Sastry, 1998. Proceedings of 2 nd World Conference on Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conversion held at Vienna, Austria, pp: 6-10. Performance, evaluation and development of Solar Photovoltaic Lighting Systems in India