Author : Mr. Pandurang D. More 1
Date of Publication :7th February 2017
Abstract: The self-excited induction generators have been found suitable for energy conversion for remote locations. This paper present a new method to supply single phase loads using single phase self-excited induction generator. This machine can be used to meet the local demand of remote area in the absence of grid. Induction generators are widely used to extract energy from renewable energy as it gives synchronized electrical power at variable speed its prime mover turbine. As electrical energy sources can be cheaper compare to grid connection in remote locations. Wind and mini/micro, portable diesel/kerosene engines can be used as a prime mover for induction generator.
- S.S Murthy, “A Novel Self-excited Self-regulated Single Phase Induction Generator Part-II: Basic System and Theory,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 383- 388,September 1993.
- S.S.Murthy“Experience with the analysis, design and control of induction generators operating in Autonomous or grid connected mode” Proc. Of International conference on Evolution and modern aspects of induction machines, Torino(Italy), July,8-11-1986.
- S.S.Murthy, OP Malik and AK Tandon“Analysis of self-excited induction generators” Proc. IEE(129), part C Nov,1982 pp. 260-265.
- DB Watson, J Arillaga and T Densam“Controllable DC power supply from wind driven self-excited induction machines” Proc. IEE vol. 126 No. 12 Dec. 1979 pp. 1245- 1248.
- Shrikant S. Katre and Dr. V. N. Bapat“Review of literature on induction generators and controllers for pico-hydro applications” IJIERT ISSN 2394-3696 Volume 2 Issue-6 June 2015.
- S.S Murthy, “A Novel Self-excited Self-regulated Single Phase Induction Generator Part-I: Basic System and Theory,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 377- 382,September 1993.
- SS Murthy, CS Jha and AK Tandon“A new method of computing steady state responses of the capacitor self-excited induction generator” Journal of Institution of Engineers (India), June 1985 pp. 196-201.
- SS Murthy, AK Tandon and GJ Berg “Steady state analysis of capacitor self-excited induction generators” IEEE Trans. On power apparatus and systems, vol. PAS-103 March, 1984 pp. 612- 618