Author : Prof. S. H. Shete 1
Date of Publication :7th February 2017
Abstract: Many wheelchairs are available with various running technologies, but the cost is very high and it is not much effective. Mostly, the idea of building solar wheel chair is to overcome some disadvantages of the existing systems .Solar plays a very important role in our day to day life. In this paper it is discussed that how solar power is utilized for providing the power to the wheelchair, which will reduce the efforts of the handicapped person. The wheelchair is basic need of physically disabled persons. To move the wheelchair there is need of external person or person has to take lot of efforts. Our project is specifically related to the Smart Android phone handling the wheel chair system using android application. The purpose of selecting the android platform is that nowadays android mobile phones are commonly used. The user has to first get connected with the wheelchair with the help of application. This system allows the user to robustly interact with the wheelchair at different levels of the control (left, right, forward, backward and stop) and sensing. The other components that are required in the system are microcontroller, motor and sensors. The main motive is to let the system be more simple and efficient. The proposed system will be efficient in terms of cost and handling purpose. This project uses Arduino kit Microcontroller circuit and DC motors to create the movement of wheel chair and Sensors to detect the hurdles in between wheelchair and the way of direction.
- Design , Modelling Analysis and performance evaluation of a single phase variable frequency drive for induction motor: An energy conservation approach , Devendra Pal Singh , D. Buddhi , IJSET, 2016 , Volume 4 issue 2.
- Speed Control of a Three Phase Induction Motor Using PWM Inverter, Jatin J. Patel, A.M.Kubavat, M.B.Jhala, IJEDR, 2014
- Modelling, Simulation and performance Analysis of A Variable Frequency Drive in Speed Control of Induction Motor, Enemuoh F. O, Okafor E.E, Onuegbu. J.C, Agu V. N, International Journal of Engineering Invention, Volume 3 Issue 5 , 2013.
- Variable Voltage - Frequency Control Of A Single Phase Induction Motor Driven By Shepwm Inverter,Ali Hussein Abdul-Jabbar Al-Mustansiriyah University College Of Engineering, Electrical Engineering Department, Journal of Engineering, 2009.
- Design Strategy for a 3-Phase Variable Frequency Drive (VFD),Omar David Munoz, Senior Project, electrical engineering department, California Polytechnic State University, 2011.