Author : A.V.Todkar 1
Date of Publication :7th February 2017
Abstract: An electromagnetic braking is a new and revolutionary concept. Electromagnetic braking system is a modern technology braking system used in commercial vehicles. It aims to minimize the brake failure to avoid the road accidents. It also reduces the maintenance of braking system. So for reliable braking the proposed scheme use the electromagnet while the function of this electromagnet is to develop a magnetic force to engage the brake .In that ultrasonic sensor measure distance between vehicle and obstacle and Proximity sensors measure the speed of vehicle. Comparing the distance and speed, the 89S52 microcontroller gives the signal to relay and electromagnet when safety distance is reduced than safety limit. Constant speed can be achieved by the using resistive touchpad screen. For that DC motor is used to pull accelerator to control the speed. The proposed scheme is simulated in Proteus and implemented in hardware (prototype).
- Uttamkumar Dravidam and Sabri Tosunoglu, “A survey on automobile collision avoidance system”, Florida International
- Limpert Rudolf, “Brake Design and Safety, society of automotive engineers, Warrandale, Inc, Second Edition, USA, 1992, PP 11- 157,.
- N. S. Shayan, Vishwas. S. Patel “Collision Avoidance for Vehicle Safety” BMSCE 2011
- Savio Pereira, OmkarVaishampayan, Akshay Joshi., “ A Review on Design of Hydraulic Disc Brakes and Calculations”, PVG‟s COET, Pune 411009, Volume 3, Issue 2, February 2014
- Kumar, K.P., Kadoli, R., Kumar, M.V.A., Mechanical and magnetic analysis of magnetostrictive disc brake system, Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS), 2010 International Conference ,July 29 2010-Aug. 1 2010.
- Heald, M.A., „„Magnetic braking: improved theory,‟‟ American Journal of Physics, Vol. 56,No. 6, pp. 521–522, 1988.
- Mohd.Shahrizan B. Sahri, ”Ultrasonic car braking systems”, University of Malaysia, Pahang.
- Dhanya K R and Mrs R Jeyanthi, “Advanced automatic braking system with sensor fusion concept”, International Journal of Emerging trends in Engineering and Development, ISSN 2249-6149, Issue 2,Volume 3 (April 2012)