Author : Prof. Patil U.T. 1
Date of Publication :7th February 2017
Abstract: Underground cables are been widely used and put into practice due to its longer life expectancy and are less susceptible to the impacts of severe weather. An exact identification of faulty system is important to minimize the disturbance time during fault. An accurate fault location plays vital role in speeding up the system restoration; reduce economical loss and has high efficiency that helps to increase the performance of the system. This paper prefers to fault location method in commercial system. The system consists of transmitter and receiver sections. The transmitter unit consists of transformer with timer circuit for injecting a series of high voltage pulse stream. The effect of noise caused by arcing voltage is received by a receiver which helps in exact location of cable fault.
- S. Chen, B. Mulgrew, and P. M. Grant, “A clustering technique for digital communications channel equalization using radial basis function networks,” IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks, vol. 4, pp. 570-578, July 1993.
- J. U. Duncombe, “Infrared navigation—Part I: An assessment of feasibility,” IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, vol. ED-11, pp. 34-39, Jan. 1959.
- C. Y. Lin, M. Wu, J. A. Bloom, I. J. Cox, and M. Miller, “Rotation, scale, and translation resilient public watermarking for images,” IEEE Trans. Image Process., vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 767-782, May 2001.
- Dhekale.P.M & Bhise.S.S, “Underground Cable Fault Distance Locator”, International Journal of Innovations In Engineering Research And Technology, Vol. 2, ISSUE 4, Apr. 2015.
- Md. Fakhrul Islam, Amanullah M T Oo, Salahuddin. A. Azad1, “Locating Underground Cable Faults: A Review and Guideline for New Development”, 2013 IEEE.