Author : Hardeep Rajput 1
Date of Publication :7th March 2017
Abstract: The growing demands of human needs have increased the utilization of conventional energy enormously. Consequently environmental issues like global warming, drought, famine etc. and other political issue due to its after effect have risen. Keeping these facts in view this project has been prepared to present an model on how the daily energy requirement can be fulfilled in a more practical, feasible and economical way. Solar energy is the viable source of renewable energy over the last two-three decades. It is now used in variety of fields such as industries, domestic purpose. Solar energy system is designed to collect maximum power from sun and to convert into electrical power. Another form of energy is Vibration energy (mechanical energy) that is generated by vibration or pressure applied on it is converted into electric energy by piezoelectric effect. Piezoelectricity is the electric charge that accumulates in certain solid material such as crystal, certain ceramic and biological matter such as bone, DNA and various proteins in response to applied mechanical stress. The aim of this work is to make power generation more sustainable, economical and ecological by utilizing the advancement in the technology. Environmentally friendly solutions are becoming more prominent than ever as a result of concern regarding the state of our deteriorating planet. This project presents a new system configuration of the stage for a hybrid energy system which uses solar power and vibration. This configuration allows the two sources to supply the load separately or simultaneously depending on the availability of the energy sources. This projects aims to design and construct optimized charging system for hybrid vibration/photovoltaic energy system
- S P Sukhatme, J K Nayak,”Solar energy Principle of Thermal collection and storage”
- Jan Holterman, Pim Groen,”An introduction to Piezoelectric materials and application”
- Richard Hantula,”How solar panel work”, Science curriculum Resource Teacher
- “http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/piezoelectricit y”
- Power Generation for Auto Street Light Using PZT”, Mrinmoy Dey, Tawhida Akand and Sadeka Sultana, Proceedings of 2015 3rd International Conference on Advances in Electrical Engineering 17-19 December, 2015, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- “An Architecture for Traffic Sign Management in Smart Cities”, Everton R. Lira, Enrique Fynn, Paulo R. S. L. Coelho, Luis F. Faina, Lasaro Camargos,Rodolfo S. Villac and Rafael Pasquini, Faculty of Computing (FACOM/UFU), Uberl andia – MG – Brazil.
- ” Smart Traffic Light Control System” Bilal Ghazal, Khaled EIKhatib, Khaled Chahine, Mohamad Kherfan, School of Engineering Lebanese International University (LIU) Beirut, Lebanon
- “A new intelligent control terminal of solar street light”, Wang Guijuan, Wang Zuoxun, School of Information and Control Engineering Shandong Institute of Light Industry Jinan, China
- ”A review on energy harvesting from roads”, Andriopoulou Symeoni,,MSc “Environmental Engineering & Sustainable Infrastructure
- “Shape Effect of Piezoelectric Energy Harvester on Vibration Power Generation”, Amat A. Basari, Sosuke Awaji, Song Wang, Seiji Hashimoto, Shunji Kumagai, Kenji Suto, Hiroaki Okada, Hideki Okuno, Bunji Homma, Wei Jiang, Shuren Wang,Division of Electronics and Informatics, Gunma University, Kiryu, Gunma, Japan,School of Hydraulic, Energy and Power Engineering, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou, China