Author : M.M.Tejaswini 1
Date of Publication :7th March 2017
Abstract: In this paper, the Multi-objective optimization of Load Frequency Control (LFC) problem of a Two-area interconnected Power system is discussed. The proposed power system consists of two Thermal Generating units. The Multi-objective Differential Evolution (MODE) algorithm is applied to the LFC problem to obtain the control parameters for the optimum performance of the system. Maintaining the Frequency and the Tie-line power in the standard values is the main objective for solving the LFC problem. This problem is solved using the Differential Evolution algorithm where the results obtained are better when compared with the actual Integral and Proportional Integral controller performance in the proposed power system.
- Allen J. Wood, F.Wollenberg, Power Generation,Operation and Control, John Wiley & sons, New York, 1994
- Olle I. Elgerd, Electric Energy Systems Theory,Tata McGraw – Hill, New Delhi,2006.
- Xiangjie Liu, Xiaolei Zhan, Dianwei Qian, Load Frequency Control considering Generation Rate Constraints, Proceedings of 8th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, 2010, pp.1398- 1401.
- K.Okada, R.Yokoyama, G.Shirai, H.Sasaki, Decentralized Load Frequency Control with Load Demand Prediction in Multi-area Power Systems, Proceedings of International Conference on Control, 1988, pp.649-654.
- Ilhan Kocaarslan,C.Ertug rul, Fuzzy logic controller in interconnected electrical power systems for Load frequency control, Int .Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, Vol.27, No. 8, 2005, pp.542–549.