Author : Baskaran 1
Date of Publication :4th July 2017
Abstract: In the paper we discuss the benefits from the use of the maximum power point tracking algorithm in the control of photovoltaic systems.We compare the advantages of the considered approach in comparison to the previous solutions like the use of pulse width modulation .It is proven in the paper that the microcontroller implementation of the proposed algorithm allows one to reduce both the energy losses and the costs related to system design, Maximum power point tracking controller is preferable than the PWM controller. To perform the MPPT operation in the system the PIC microcontroller is employed. The MPPT controller not only reduces the energy loss and also reducing the cost of laying the system.
- Analytic JV-Characteristics of Ideal Intermediate Band Solar Cells and Solar Cells With Up and Downconverters Rune Strandberg IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices Year: 2017
- A PIC controller for grid connected PV system J. C. Lima; A. Medeiros; V. M. Canalli; F. Antunes; F. S. dos Reis 7th IEEE International Power Electronics Congress. Technical Proceedings. CIEP 2000
- Peripheral interface controller (PIC) based smart low power AC-DC converter R. Baharom; S. A. Ramli; M. K. Hamzah2010 IEEE Symposium on Industrial Electronics and Applications (ISIEA) Year: 2010
- Application of voltage controller with buck-boost converter model PLTB (the Gorlov turbine) to maximize power output Suwarti; Mulyono; Wahyono2016 International Seminar on Application for Technology of Information and Communication (ISemantic)
- 48 V to 12 V soft-switching interleaved buck and boost converter for mild-hybrid vehicle application Soon-Ryung Lee; Bong-Yeon Choi; Jong-Young Lee; Chung-Yuen Won 2016 19th International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS)