Author : Prajakta Vinod Koratkar 1
Date of Publication :4th May 2017
Abstract: As productivity is directly implied as profitability, for automation industries production lines have to be very efficient. So far, many techniques and a large variety of controllers are used to enhance and improve plant performance. In this paper, we have applied a tuning method of PID controller that is used for a heating element to reach a particular desired temperature at which plastic packaging will take place without any defect. To achieve an optimum temperature in less time, the PID controller which was initially self-tuned is modified by programming in STEP-7 and the tuning parameters were obtained by Ziegler-Nichols Method using MATLAB. Finally, the data result was implemented in an Industrial plastic packaging system study, and the procedure is explained.
- Vivek Kumar1, Ashish Patra2,” Application of Ziegler ,Nichols method for tuning PID controller”, IJEEE, Vol 8,issue no 2,July December 2016.
- Diwakar T. Korsane, Vivek Yadav, Kiran H. Raut, “ PID Tuning Rules for First Order plus Time Delay System” IJIREEICE, Vol.2, Issue 1, January 2014
- J. C. Basilio and S. R. Matos,”Design of PI and PID Controllers With
- Transient Performance Specification” IEEE Trans. Edu., VOL. 45, NO. 4, November 2002
- Mouayad A. Sahib, “A novel optimal PID plus second order derivative controller for AVR system” Engg. Sci. and Tech. an Intl. J.vol 18, pp194-206, 2015.
- Sigurd Skogestad” Probably the best simple PID tuning rules in the world”, Submitted to J. of Process control July 3, 2001 This version: September 12, 2001
- Tavakoli-Kakhki M, Haeri M.,”Temperature Control of a Cutting Process Using Fractional Order Proportional-Integral-Derivative Controller.” American Soc. of Mech. Engs. Vol 133(5), pp051014-051014-14, 2011.