Author : Swati Sharma 1
Date of Publication :20th June 2017
Abstract: This paper presents the detailed study and procedure for modeling Multi-machine power system installed with Power System Stabilizer (PSS). In this paper, a linearized State Space Model of Multi-machine power system, installed with PSS, has been realized. The procedure has been implemented on a standard IEEE 3 machine system for deriving its corresponding linearized state space model. Importance of modeling the Power System network, for carrying out the small signal stability analysis and damping out the low frequency oscillations, has also been discussed in this paper
- Pal, Bikash, and Balarko Chaudhuri. Robust control in power systems. Springer Science & Business Media, 2006.
- Kundur, Prabha. Power system stability and control. Eds. Neal J. Balu, and Mark G. Lauby. Vol. 7. New York: McGraw-hill, 1994.
- NLDC "Report on Low Frequency Oscillation in Indian PowerSystem",2013.
- Panda, Sidhartha, and Narayana Prasad Padhy. "Comparison MATLAB/SIMULINK Based Model of Single Machine Infinite-Bus with TCSC for Stability Studies and Tuning Employing GA." World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, 2007.
- Panda, Sidhartha, and Narayana Prasad Padhy "Power System with PSS and FACTS Controller: Modelling, Simulation and Simultaneous Tuning Employing Genetic Algorithm," International Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Vol-I, 2007
- E. L. Miotto and M. R. Covacic "Analysis of Impacts of PSS Controllers and TCSC FACTS Devices at Dynamic Stability of a Multimachine System Power," IEEE/PES Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition , 2010.
- M.J. Gibbard, P. Pourbeik, DJ Vowels"Small Signal Stability, Control and Dynamic Performance of the Power Systems," University of Adelaide Press,Adelaide, 2015
- Anderson, Paul M., and Aziz A. Fouad. Power system control and stability. John Wiley & Sons, 2008.