Author : P.Likhitha 1
Date of Publication :5th September 2017
Abstract: This paper presents a dual voltage source inverter (DVSI) scheme to enhance the power quality and reliability of the microgrid system. The proposed scheme is comprised of two inverters, which enables the microgrid to exchange power generated by the distributed energy resources (DERs) and also to compensate the local unbalanced and nonlinear load. The control algorithms are developed based on instantaneous symmetrical component theory (ISCT) to operate DVSI in grid sharing and grid injecting modes. The proposed scheme has increased relia-bility, lower bandwidth requirement of the main inverter, lower cost due to reduction in filter size, and better utilization of micro-grid power while using reduced dc-link voltage rating for the main inverter. These features make the DVSI scheme a promising option for microgrid supplying sensitive loads. The topology and control algorithm are validated through extensive simulation and experimental results
- A. Kahrobaeian and Y.-R. Mohamed, ―Interactive distributed generation interface for flexible micro-grid operation in smart distribution systems,‖ IEEE Trans. Sustain. Energy, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 295–305, Apr. 2012.
- N. R. Tummuru, M. K. Mishra, and S. Srinivas, ―Multifunctional VSC controlled microgrid using instantaneous symmetrical components the-ory,‖ IEEE Trans. Sustain. Energy, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 313–322, Jan. 2014.
- Y. Zhang, N. Gatsis, and G. Giannakis, ―Robust energy management for microgrids with high-penetration renewables,‖ IEEE Trans. Sustain. Energy, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 944–953, Oct. 2013.
- R. Majumder, A. Ghosh, G. Ledwich, and F. Zare, ―Load sharing and power quality enhanced operation of a distributed microgrid,‖ IET Renewable Power Gener., vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 109–119, Jun. 2009.
- J. Guerrero, P. C. Loh, T.-L. Lee, and M. Chandorkar, ―Advanced control architectures for intelligent microgrids—Part II: Power quality, energy storage, and ac/dc microgrids,‖ IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 1263–1270, Dec. 2013.
- Y. Li, D. Vilathgamuwa, and P. C. Loh, ―Microgrid power quality enhancement using a three-phase four-wire grid-interfacing compen-sator,‖ IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 1707–1719, Nov. 2005.
- M. Schonardie, R. Coelho, R. Schweitzer, and D. Martins, ―Control of the active and reactive power using dq0 transformation in a three-phase grid-connected PV system,‖ in Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Ind. Electron., May 2012, pp. 264–269.
- R. S. Bajpai and R. Gupta, ―Voltage and power flow control of grid connected wind generation system using DSTATCOM,‖ in Proc. IEEE Power Energy Soc. Gen. Meeting—Convers. Del. Elect. Energy 21st Century, Jul. 2008, pp. 1–6.
- M. Singh, V. Khadkikar, A. Chandra, and R. Varma, ―Grid intercon-nection of renewable energy sources at the distribution level with power-quality improvement features,‖ IEEE Trans. Power Del., vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 307–315, Jan. 2011.