Author : D.Nagamani 1
Date of Publication :13th September 2017
Abstract: STATCOM will contribute quick and valuable reactive power support to continue voltage stability. Voltage instability results to uncontrollable decline in voltage. This can be adjusted to desired limits by injection of reactive power. So, STATCOM with an adaptive PI controller is proposed. Several conventional controls of STATCOM are not promising the effective performance with change in system. The existing system regulates the performance by selfadjustment of control gains in PI controller and gets matches to a desired response. In extension to that the proposed system got an advantage of adaptive Neuro Fuzzy Inference System (ANFIS) which improves the dynamic response accuracy under various disturbances and promises a secure and reliable power system. This paper has the intention to a brand new controller model supported associate degree Adaptive Neuro Fuzzy Inference System(ANFIS) to tune the criterion of STATCOM controller for dominant the reactive power require to steady the voltage variation, like totally different change of transmission network, successive disturbances, a harsh disturbance and totally distinct load levels. A simulink form of associate degree ANFIS STATCOM controller has been taken for the analysis victimization simulation in MATLAB computer code.
- Yao Xu, Fangxing Li, IEEE Trans. On power del., “adptive PI control of statcom for voltage regulation” VOL. 29, NO. 3, JUNE 2014
- M. S. E. Moursi and A. M. Sharaf, “Novel controllers for the 48-pulse VSC STATCOM and SSSC for voltage regulation and reactive power compensation,” IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 1985–1997, Nov. 2005.
- P. Rao, M. L. Crow, and Z. Yang, “STATCOM control for power system voltage control applications,” IEEE Trans. Power Del., vol.15, no. 4, pp. 1311–1317, Oct. 2000.
- Hazlina Hamdan, “An exploration of the Adaptive neuro fuzzy Inference system(ANFIS) in modeling survival”.
- J.S.R.Jang., ANFIS: Adaptive Network-based Fuzzy Inference Systems, IEEE transactions on systems,Man, and Cybernetics,Vol.23,No.03,pp.665-685,1993