Author : A Devakumar 1
Date of Publication :14th September 2017
Abstract: In this paper fuzzy logic controller (FLC) based maximum power point tracking (MPPT) for a three-port bidirectional isolated dc-dc converter proposed for power management to photovoltaic-Battery sources. This converter has a benefit of using smallest amount of switches which reduces the switching losses. The inductor-capacitor-inductor (LCL) resonant circuit realized to achieve soft switching. The converter is modelled to instantaneous power management of photovoltaic (PV) panel, battery and load. The proposed MPPT based on FLC is capable of attaining maximum power from PV panel when solar radiation available. The charging and discharging controller of the battery works when the extra energy and power deficiency with respect to the load, respectively. The presentation of fuzzy logic with numerous membership function (MF) is analyzed to develop the MPPT. Simulation results shows that performance of FLC based MPPT is better than conservative perturb and observe (P&O) MPPT.
- C Onwuchekwa and A Kwasinski, “A modified-timesharing switching technique for multiple-input DC-DC converters,” IEEE Trans. PowerElectron., vol. 27, no. 11, pp. 4492–4502, Nov. 2012.
- J Lee, B Min, D Yoo, R Kim, and J Yoo, “A new topology for PV DC/DC converter with high efficiency under wide load range,” in Proc.Eur. Conf. Power Electron. Appl., Sep. 2007, pp. 1–6.
- Y Chen, Y Liu, and F Wu, “Multi-input DC/DC converter based on the multi winding transformer for renewable energy applications,” IEEETrans. Ind. Appl., vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 1096–1104, Jul./Aug. 2002.
- Y Lembeye, V Bang, G Lefevre, and J Ferrieux, “Novel half-bridge inductive DC-DC isolated converters for fuel cell applications,” IEEETrans. Energy Convers., vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 203–210, Mar. 2009.
- J Zeng, W Qiao, L Qu, and Y Jiao, “An isolated multiport dc-dcconverter for simultaneous power management of multiple different renewableenergy sources,” IEEE J. Emerging Sel. Topics Power Electron.,vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 70–78, Mar. 2014.
- H Al-Atrash, F Tian, and I Batarseh, “Tri-modal halfbridge converter topology for three-port interface,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 22,no. 1, pp. 341–345, Jan. 2007.