Author : V.Lalitha 1
Date of Publication :20th September 2017
Abstract: A study and configuration of a new transformerless buck-boost converter is proposed in this work. The normal buckboost converter has simple configuration and high efficiency. The disadvantage of the normal converter is restricted voltage gain, negative output voltage, floating power switch, discontinuous output and input currents. For eliminating the disadvantages of the normal converter, a new transformer less buck-boost converter is proposed. The proposed new transformer less buck-boost converter consists of two switches, two capacitors, two inductors and one resistor load in the circuit. The two power switches of the proposed converter operate simultaneously. The proposed buck-boost converter gives the voltage gain is squared or quadratic times of normal converter which makes it suitable for solar energy applications. In continuous conduction mode, a voltage gain, operating principles, small-signal model and voltage stress are described for the proposed converter. To improve the stability of a system, a PI controller is used in the proposed converter. The structure of the proposed buck-boost converter circuit is simulated in MATLAB/ SIMULINK
- L. Zhegang, A.Q. Huang, G. Roong, ”High efficiency switched capacitor buck-boost converter for PV application,” Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APECS), 2012 Twenty-Seventh Annual IEEE, pp. 1951-1958, Feb. 2012.
- G.R. Walkaer and P.C. Serniea, ”Cacaded DC-DC converter conection of photovoltaic modules,” IEEE Trans. Power Electronics, vol. 19, no.4, pp. 1130 - 1139, July 2004
- J.Wang,F.Z. Peng, J. Anderson, A. Joseph, and R. Bufenbarger, ”Low cost fuel cell converter system for resedential power generation,” IEEE Trans. Power Electronics, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 1315 -1322, Sep. 2004.
- Shih-Ming Chen; Tsomg-Ju Liang; Lung-Sheng Yang;Jian-Fuh Chen” A Cacaded High Step-Up DC-DC Converter With Single Switch for Microsource Applications”Power Electronics,vol.26,IEEE April 2011.
- Walker.G.R;Serniea.P.C”Cascaded DC-DC converter connection of photovoltaic modules”IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics,vol.!9,Issue 2004.
- K. I. Hweu, and T. J. Paeng, “A novel buck–boost converter combineing KY and buck converters,” IEEE Trans. Power Electronsss., vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 2236-2241, May. 2012.
- A.Ajaemi, H. Ardi, and A. Farakor, “Design, anaalysis and implementation of a buck–boost DC/DC converter,” IET Power Electrons., vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 2902-2913, Dec. 2014.