Author : C.Ramanjaneyulu 1
Date of Publication :14th September 2017
Abstract: This work provides a comprehensive study of design, operation, and flexible control of a D-STATCOM operating in voltage control mode. A detailed analysis of the voltage regulation ability of D-STATCOM under different feeder impedances has been analyzed. For load voltage regulation, a D-STATCOM is used and its operation mainly depends upon nature of the feeder impedance. The procedure to design a value of external inductor has been presented in this work. A dynamic reference load voltage generation scheme is developed to compensate reactive power which not only allows D-STATCOM during normal operation, but also providing voltage profile during disturbances. The Fuzzy Logic Controller(FLC) is the most popular for the human decisionmaking mechanism, providing the operation of an electronic system with decisions of experts. When it is used for a nonlinear system which not only reduces uncertain effects in the system control but also improves the system efficiency by reducing THD. The results have been carried out in MATLAB/SIMULINK
- M. H. Bollen, Understanding power quality problems. vol. 3, IEEE press New York, 2000.
- S. Ostroznik, P. Bajec, and P. Zajec, “A study of a hybrid filter,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 935–942,C. Kumar and M. Mishra, “A voltagecontrolled DSTATCOM for power-quality improvement,” IEEE Trans. Power Del., vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 1499– 1507, June 2014. .
- Q. Liu, L. Peng, Y. Kang, S. Tang, D. Wu, and Y. Qi, “A novel design and optimization method of an LCL filter for a shunt active power filter,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 61, no. 8, pp. 4000–4010, Aug. 2014.
- T. Aziz, M. Hossain, T. Saha, and N. Mithulananthan, “VAR planning with tuning of STATCOM in a DG integrated industrial system,” IEEE Trans. Power Del., vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 875–885, Apr. 2013.
- S. Karanki, N. Geddada, Mahesh K. Mishra, and B. Kumar, “A DSTATCOM topology with reduced dclink voltage rating for load compensation with nonstiff source,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 1201–1211, Mar. 2012.
- M. Aredes, J. Hafner, and K. Heumann, “Three-phase four-wire shunt active filter control strategies,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 311–318, Mar. 1997.