Author : M. Sreelekha 1
Date of Publication :12th September 2017
Abstract: This paper describes Fuzzy logic controller dual voltage source inverter (DVSI) to enhance the reliability and power quality of microgrid system. The reference currents for this scheme are produced by using ISCT (Instantaneous symmetrical component theory).ISCT makes DVSI to operate in grid injecting and grid sharing modes. This scheme makes the microgrid to exchange power generated by Distribution Energy Resources (DERs) and also to compensate the local unbalanced nonlinear loads. Fuzzy logic controller (FLC) is used in this proposed scheme instead of PI controller for the better quality of power. This proposed system topology is modeled and simulated in MATLAB/SIMULINK environment.
- R. Majumder, A. Ghosh, G. Ledwich, and F. Zare, ―Load sharing and power quality enhanced operation of a distributed microgrid,‖ IET Renewable Power Gener., vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 109–119, Jun. 2009
- M. Schonardie, R. Coelho, R. Schweitzer, and D. Martins, ―Control of the active and reactive power using dq0 transformation in a three-phase gridconnected PV system,‖ in Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Ind. Electron., May 2012, pp. 264–269.
- R. Tonkoski, D. Turcotte, and T. H. M. EL-Fouly, ―Impact of high PV penetration on voltage profiles in residential neighborhoods,‖ IEEE Trans. Sustain. Energy, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 518–527, Jul. 2012
- S. Iyer, A. Ghosh, and A. Joshi, ―Inverter topologies for DSTATCOM applications—A simulation study,‖ Electr. Power Syst. Res., vol. 75, no. 23, pp. 161– 170, 2005.
- U. Rao, M. K. Mishra, and A. Ghosh, ―Control strategies for load compensation using instantaneous symmetrical component theory under different supply voltages,‖ IEEE Trans. Power Del., vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 2310–2317, Oct. 2008.
- M. Prodanovic and T. Green, ―Control and filter design of three-phase inverters for high power quality grid connection,‖ IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 373–380, Jan. 2003.
- L. Rolim, D. da Costa, and M. Aredes, ―Analysis and software imple- mentation of a robust synchronizing PLL circuit based on the pq theory,‖ IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 1919–1926, Dec. 2006.
- A. Ghosh and A. Joshi, ―A new approach to load balancing and power factor correction in power distribution system,‖ IEEE Trans. Power Del., vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 417–422, Jan. 2000.
- L. Shiguo, ―Optimal design of dc voltage close loop control for an active power filter,‖ in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Power Electron. Drive Syst., Feb. 1995, pp. 565–570.