Author : Kishor S. Deshmukh 1
Date of Publication :8th November 2017
Abstract: This paper presents the development model of a three-phase induction motor using written pole technology. The aim of this paper is to analyze and simulate performance of a 1Hp three phase induction motor using written pole technology. A three phase squirrel cage machine is reconfigured and modeled into a two three phase stator winding accommodate in same stator core of the same volume as the three phase machine. Various tests are carried out on the novel machine to determine machine parameters. Simulation results, that predicts the dynamic performance of the machine using MAXWELL 16.0, at start up are presented and discussed.
- S. Hoffman, B. Banerjee, M. Samotyj, „Written-pole Revolution‟, IEEE Power Eng. Rev. pp. 6-9,1997
- H. Zabet Khosousi and M. Mirsalim, Dynamic Modeling of a 20-Horsepower Single-Phase Written Pole Motor, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MAGNETICS, VOL. 40, NO. 4, JULY 2004.
- Byung-Taek Kim, Dae-Kyong Kim, Se-Hyun Rhyu, Duck-Shick Shin, Byung-Il Kwon, „Exciter Design and Characteristic Analysis of a Written-Pole Motor‟, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics ,Vol 45,No 3, March 2009.
- B.N. Chaudhari and B.G. Fernandes, Synchronous Motor using Ferrite Magnets for General Purpose Energy Efficient Drive, 1999 IEEE TENCON.
- C.Saravanan, J.Sathiswar, S.Raja „Performance of Three Phase Induction Motor using Modified Stator Winding‟, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887)Volume 46– No.1 May 2012.
- V. Chandrasekaran ,T. Manigandan, „Design and Development of Three Stator Winding Induction Motor‟ International Journal of Electrical Engineering,ISSN 0974-2158 Volume 4, Number 3 (2011), pp. 341-351.
- E. J. Akpama, L. U. Anih, Modelling and Simulation of Multiphase Induction Machine, International Journal of Engineering Innovation & Research, Volume 4, Issue 5, ISSN: 2277 – 5668
- F.Parasiiti.,M.Viiani, C. Walti., G, Songini., A. Novelto,T. Rossi “Three-Phase Induction motor Efficiency Improvements with Die –cast copper rotor cage and premium steel”, SPEEEDAM 2004, June 16–18, CAPRI (Italy).
- C.Thangaraj, S.P.Srivastava and Pramod Agarwal “Energy Efficient Control of Three-Phase Induction Motor , Review” International Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering, Vol.1, 2009, pp.61–70.