Author : Nadam Lavudya 1
Date of Publication :9th February 2017
Abstract: Renewable energy sources i.e., energy generated from solar, wind, biomass, hydro power, geothermal and ocean resources are considered as a technological option for generating clean energy. But the energy generated from solar and wind is much less than the production by fossil fuels, however, electricity generation by utilizing PV cells and wind turbine increased rapidly in recent years. This paper presents the Solar-Wind hybrid Power system that harnesses the renewable energies in Sun and Wind to generate electricity. System control relies mainly on micro controller. It ensures the optimum utilization of resources and hence improves the efficiency as compared with their individual mode of generation. Also it increases the reliability and reduces the dependence on one single source. This hybrid solar-wind power generating system is suitable for industries and also domestic areas.
- Arjun A. K., Athul S., Mohamed Ayub, Neethu Ramesh, and Anith Krishnan,” Micro-Hybrid Power Systems – A Feasibility Study”, Journal of Clean Energy Technologies, Vol. 1, No. 1, January 2013,pp27-32.
- J.B.V.SUBRAHMANYAM, P.K.Sahoo and Madhukarreddy,” Local PV-Wind hybrid systems development for supplying electricity to industry”Acta Electrotechnica,Vol.53,No.1,2012,pp10-15
- N.Sivaramakrishna & Ch.Kasi Ramakrishna Reddy,” Hybrid Power Generation through combined solar –Wind power and modified solar panel” International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT) - Volume4Issue5- May 2013,pp1414-1417.
- U_ur FESL, Raif BAYIR, Mahmut OZER,”Design and Implementation of a Domestic Solar-Wind HybridEnergySystem”,2010pp29-33.
- http://www.Hybrid Solar Wind Electricity.htm