Author : Saipriya M 1
Date of Publication :30th November 2017
Abstract: The main aim of this paper is to make the combination of grid interfacing inverters and 3-phase 4-wired linear/non-linear unbalanced loads at the point of coupling to appear as a balanced linear load to the grid. This new control concept is demonstrated with extensive Fuzzy based logic studies. The structure of the designed controller consists of outer power with harmonic control loop, middle voltage control loop and inner current control power loop for real and reactive power control in dq reference frame.The developed controller controls the real and reactive power supplied by the DG (Distributed Generation) at the PCC (Power Controlled Converter). The controller is designed to deliver current at unity power factor at PCC. An increase in reactive power demand and harmonics at PCC due to change of load and grid impedance variation would affect the system voltage at PCC. A five-level inverter is used as a shunt active power filter (APF), taking advantages of the multilevel inverter such as low harmonic distortion and reduced switching losses. It is used to compensate reactive power and eliminate harmonics drawn from a thyristor rectifier feeding an inductive load (RL) under distorted voltage conditions. The APF control strategy is based on the use of self-tuning filters (STF) for reference current generation and a fuzzy logic current controller. The use of STF instead of classical extraction filters allows extracting directly the voltage and current fundamental components in the α-β axis without phase locked loop (PLL). The MATLAB fuzzy logic toolbox is used for implementing the fuzzy logic control algorithm
- Shilpa.R, P.S.Puttaswamy, A Review On Power Quality Issues In Power Systems, International Journal of Industrial Electronics and Electrical Engineering, ISSN: 2347-6982 Volume-2, Issue-10, Oct.-2014
- Manoj Singh Bisht, Fuzzy based Intelligent Frequency Control Strategy in Standalone Hybrid AC Micro Grid, 2014 IEEE Conference on Control Applications (CCA) Part of 2014 IEEE Multi-conference on Systems and Control October 8-10, 2014
- Binayak Bhandari, Kyung-Tae Lee, Gil-Yong Lee, YoungMan Cho, Optimization of Hybrid Renewable Energy Power Systems: A Review, International Journal Of Precision Engineering And Manufacturing-Green Technology, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 99-112, January 2015
- Shaimaa Omran, Robert Broadwater, Joshua Hambrick, Murat Dilek, Chifong Thomas, Frank Kreikebaum, Power flow control and N-1 contingency analysis with DSRs in unbalanced transmission networks, Elesevier, Electric Power Systems Research, 136 (2016), 223–231
- Chinnasamy.S, R.Shankarganesh, Power Quality Improvement Of Grid Tied PV With Reduced Number Of Components For Standalone Application, Higher Education Press and Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013
- D. C. Das, A.K Roy, N. Sinha, "GA based frequency controller for solar thermal-diesel-wind hybrid energy generation/energy storage system," International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, vol. 43, no. 1,pp. 262-279, Dec. 2012.
- S. Mohammadi, S. Soleymani, B. Mozafari., "Scenariobased stochastic operation management of MicroGrid including Wind, Photovoltaic,Micro-Turbine,Fuel Cell and Energy Storage Devices, "International Journal of Electrical Power &Energy Systems, vol. 54, pp. 525-535, Jan. 2014.
- L. Shi, Y. Luo, G.Y. Tu., "Bidding Strategy of MicroGrid with consideration of uncertainty for participating in power market,‖ International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, vol. 59, pp. 1-13, July 2014.
- R. H. Lasseter, J. H. Eto, B. Schenkman, J. Stevens, H. Vollkommer, D. Klapp, E. Linton, H. Hurtado, and J. Roy, ―CERTS Microgrid laboratory test bed,‖ IEEE Trans. Power Del., vol. 26, pp. 325–332, Jan. 2011.
- M. Nayeripour, M. Hoseintabar, T. Niknam., "Frequency deviation control by coordination control of FC and double –layer capacitor in an autonomous hybrid renewable energy power generation system, " Renewable Energy, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 1741-1746, June 2011.
- X. Li, Y. J. Song, S. B. Han, "Frequency control in Micro Grid power system combined with electrolyzer system and fuzzy PI controller", Journal of Power Sources, vol. 180, no. 1, pp. 468-475, May 2008.
- J.-H. Jeon, J.-Y. Kim, S.-K. Kim, and J.-M. Kim, ―Unified compensation control of a hybrid energy storage system for enhancing power quality and operation efficiency in a diesel and wind-turbine based stand-alone Micro Grid,‖ Power Electronics for Distributed Generation Systems (PEDG), 2012 3rd IEEE International Symposium, pp. 264–270, 2012.
- D. J. Lee and L. Wang, "Small-Signal Stability Analysis of an Autonomous Hybrid Renewable Energy Power Generation/Energy Storage System Part I: TimeDomain Simulations, "Energy Conversion, IEEE Transactions, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 311-320, March 2008
- H. Bevrani, F. Habibi, P. Babahajyani, M. Watanabe, and Y. Mitani, ―Intelligent frequency control in an AC microgrid: On-line PSO-based fuzzy tuning approach,‖ IEEE Trans. Smart Grid, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 1935–1944, Dec. 2012.
- Dong-Jing Lee and Li Wang, ―Small-signal stability analysis of an autonomous hybrid renewable energy power generation/energy storage system Part I: timedomain simulations,‖ IEEE Trans. On Energy Conversion, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 311-320, March, 2008
- Antonio Visioli, ―Fuzzy Logic based set-point weight tuning of PID controllers,‖ IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics— Part a: Systems and Humans, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 587-592, November 1999.
- W. Zhang, H. Wang, X. Bian, Z. Yan, G.Xia, ―The application of selftuning fuzzy PID control method to recovering AUV,‖ IEEE Conference, Oceans-2012, pp.1 – 5, Oct. 2012.
- Zulfatman and M. F. Rahmat, ―Application of self-tuning fuzzy PID controller on industrial hydraulic actuator using system identification approach,‖ International Journal on Smart Sensing and Intelligent Systems, vol. 2, no. 2, June 2009.