Author : Singam Sridhar 1
Date of Publication :21st February 2018
Abstract: Home automation trade has drawn the goodish attention of researchers for quite a decade. The main plan is to mechanically management and monitor electrical and electronic home appliances. Consistent with the marketing research firm ABI regarding 4 million home automation systems were subscribed globally in 2013.An equivalent firm additionally calculable that regarding 90 million homes would use home automation system by the top of 2017, many industrial and analysis versions of the home automation system are introduced and designed. A good home system has captured many technologies. The main aim of this paper is to propose a system which demonstrates interfacing between MATLAB and Arduino board for household equipment monitoring and control. In the proposed system, Arduino board is interfaced with MATLAB using serial communication to control home appliances. Image acquisition device is interfaced to MATLAB that will continuously show the status of household equipments on Graphical User Interface [GUI] designed in MATLAB. Proper commanding is done from MATLAB GUI, household equipments can be turned ON or OFF which are interfaced to Arduino through relay board.
- Prashanth Chintalapudi, Gaurav Sarma , “Economical Home Automation Systems in Rural India for Senior Citizens”, IETE 45th mid Term Symposium on BroadbandTechnologies and Services for Rural India MTS 14, 4th and 5th April, 2014.
- AlperGurek, Caner Gur, CagriGurakin, Mustafa Akdeniz, SenemKumovaMetin, IlkerKorkmaz, Member, “An Android Based Home Automation System”
- Mirza QutabBaig , Junaid Maqsood , Muhammad Haris Bin Tariq Alvi , Tamim Ahmed Khan, “A Comparative Analysis on Home Automation Techniques “, Second International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Modelling and Simulation pp.109_114,2014.
- A. Muhammad, P. Fergus, M. Merabti, B. Askwith, “Peerto-Peer Overlay Gateway Services for Home Automation and Management”, IEEE 24th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications Workshops, pp 880_886, 2010.
- NazmulHasan,Abdullah Al Mamun Khan1, Nezam Uddin, Abu Farzan Mitul, “Design and Implementation of Touchscreen and Remote Control Based Home Automation System”, Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Advances in Electrical Engineering (ICAEE 2013) 19-21 December, pp. 347_352,2013.
- Parameshachari B,D Sawan Kumar, GopyGooneshwaree, Hurry Tulsirai, T. Gopaul, “A Study on Smart Home Control System through Speech”, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 69– No.19,May 2013.
- M.Tharaniyasoundhari, Ms.S.Brilly Sangeetha, “Intelligent Interface Based Speech Recognition for Home Automation using Android Application”, IEEE Sponsored 2nd International Conference on Innovations innformation Embedded and Communication Systems ICIIECS’15,2015
- RozitaTeymourzadeh,CEng,Salah Addin Ahmed, Kok Wai Chan, and MokVee Hoo ng, “Smart GSM Based Home Automation System”, IEEE Conference on Systems, Process & Control (ICSPC2013), pp 306_309, 13 - 15December 2013.
- Mattia Gamba, Alessandro Gonella, Claudio E. Palazzi, “Design Issues and Solutions in a Modern Home Automation System”, International Workshop on Networking Issues in Multimedia Entertainment pp 1111_1115, 2015.
- Carelin Felix, I. Jacob Raglend, “Home Automation Using GSM”, Proceedings of International Conference on Signal Processing, Communication, Computing and Networking Technologies ,pp 15_19,2011.