Author : R.Swathi 1
Date of Publication :22nd February 2018
Abstract: This paper introduces a high-efficiency AC voltage regulator based on an AC/AC buck converter cascaded by a transformer in series with the input voltage. The AC/AC converter uses an overlap time in the gate signals to solve the commutation problem. Non-use of any snubber circuits and current sensors leads to lower cost, smaller size and simpler hardware. The converter generates only the compensation term which results in smaller switches and, thus, lower cost. Simulation and experimental results verify the performance of the proposed topology
- Park, C. Y., Kwon, J. M., & Kwon, B. H. ‘Automatic voltage regulator based on series voltage compensation with ac chopper’, IET J. Power Electronics, 2012, 5, (6), pp. 719 – 725
- Jimichi, T., Fujita, H., Akagi, H. ‘A dynamic voltage restorer equipped with a high-frequency isolated DC–DC converter’, Industry Applications, IEEE Transactions on, 47, (1), pp. 169-175.
- Amirabadi, M., Baek, J., Toliyat, H. ‘Bidirectional Soft Switching Series AC-Link Inverter’, Industry Applications, IEEE Transactions on, 51, (3), pp. 2312 – 2320.
- Harada, K., Anan, F., Yamasaki, K., Jinno, M., Kawata, Y., Nakashima, T.: ‘Intelligent Transformer’ Proc. of the IEEE Power Electronics Specialist Conference, Baveno, Jun 1996, 2, pp. 1337-1341.
- Ma Huasheng, Zhao Liang, Zhang Bo, Zheng Jianchao.:‘AC/AC Buck Converter Instantaneous Value Control Modeling, System Analyzing and Designing’, Proc. of the IEEE Electrical Machines and Systems Conference, Nanjing, Sept 2005, 2, pp. 1391 – 1395.
- Rosas-Caro, J.C., Mancilla-David, F., Ramirez-Arredondo, J.M., Bakir, A.M.: ‘Two-switch three-phase ac-link dynamic voltage restorer’, IET J. Power Electronics, 2012, 5, (9) , pp. 1754-1763.
- Jothibasu, S., Mishra, M.K., ‘An Improved Direct AC–AC Converter for Voltage Sag Mitigation’, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2015, 62, (1), pp. 21- 29.
- Subramanian, S., Mishra, Mahesh Kumar, ‘Interphase AC– AC Topology for Voltage Sag Supporter’, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 2010, 25, (2), pp. 514-518
- Minh-Khai Nguyen, Young-cheol Lim, Yong-Jae Kim: ‘A Modified Single-Phase Quasi-Z-Source AC–AC Converter’,IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 2012, 27, (1), pp. 201-207.