Author : Chandrashekhar S.Hiwarkar 1
Date of Publication :29th March 2018
Abstract: Static Synchronous Series Compensator (SSSC) is a voltage sourced converter based series FACTS device that provides capacitive or inductive compensation independent of line current. This paper presents the achievement of the required active and reactive power flow into the line for the purpose of compensation as well as validation of enhancement of the power system performance of a transmission line by connecting the SSSC on appropriate location. The effect of variation of the phase angle of the injected voltage on the power system parameters such as sending end voltage, transmission angle, active power, reactive power, and overall power factor with and without SSSC have also been incorporated. The Performance of power system have been tested on IEEE 14-Bus System
- Jun Yan, Student Member, IEEE, Yufei Tang, Student Member, IEEE, HaiboHe, Senior Member, IEEE, and Yan Sun, Member, IEEE “Cascading Failure Analysis With DC Power Flow Model and Transient Stability Analysis” IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER SYSTEMS, VOL. 30, NO. 1, JANUARY 2015
- Abbas Rabiee, Student Member, IEEE, and MostafaParniani, Senior Member, IEEE “Voltage Security Constrained Multi-Period Optimal Reactive Power Flow Using Benders and Optimality Condition Decompositions” IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER SYSTEMS, VOL. 28, NO. 2, MAY 2013.
- StéphaneFliscounakis, Patrick Panciatici, Member, IEEE, Florin Capitanescu, and Louis Wehenke, Contingency Ranking With Respect to Overloads in Very Large Power Systems Taking Into Account Uncertainty, Preventive, and Corrective Actions”, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER SYSTEMS, VOL. 28, NO. 4, NOVEMBER 2013
- EsmaeilGhahremani and Innocent Kamwa, Fellow, IEEE “Optimal Placement of Multiple-Type FACTS Devices to Maximize Power System Loadability Using a Generic Graphical User Interface” IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER SYSTEMS, VOL. 28, NO. 2, MAY 2013.
- Yubin Yao ,Mingwu Li, “Designs of Fast Decoupled Load Flow for Study Purpose”, 2012 International Conference on Future Electrical Power and Energy Systems, Energy Procedia 17 ( 2012 ) 127 – 133, ELSEVIER.
- Amit Kumar Roy, Sanjay Kumar Jain, “IMPROVED TRANSMISSION LINE CONTINGENCY ANALYSIS IN POWER SYSTEM USING FAST DECOUPLED LOAD FLOW” International Journal of Advances in Engineering & Technology, Nov. 2013.
- ToshiMandloi, Anil K Jain “A study of power system security and contingency analysis” International Journal of Scientific Research Engineering & Technology (IJSRET), ISSN 2278 – 0882 Volume 3, Issue 4, July 2014.
- S. Ravindra, V. C. Veera Reddy, S. Sivanagaraju, “Power System Security Analysis under Generator Outage Condition” International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Vol. 4, Issue 1, January 2015.
- Dr.P.G.Burade,Dr.J.B.Helonde, “ Optimal Location of FACTS devices on Enhancing system security,” IJSER,vol.2,issue 4,April 2012,pp.1-9.