Author : Renita Pinto 1
Date of Publication :15th May 2018
Abstract: For a low powered handy electronic applications, a highly efficient control method is necessary for getting better transients at the output. Hence an instantaneous Buck-Boost converter with two transitional combined modes of control is introduced. If the voltage at the output tends to fluctuate, the efficiency automatically decreases. Hence to overcome the drawbacks of the previous converters, an instantaneous buck-boost converter with mode selection is proposed. The proposed converter reduces the fluctuation, producing an immediate non-inverting constant output voltage. A constant output voltage is obtained by applying different sets of voltages at the input. The converter is designed to work in three different modes depending on whether the input voltage increases, decreases or becomes equal to the output voltage, the converter will work as the buck, boost or buck-boost, in three different modes. Thus as the input varies the mode of operation also changes.
- Chakraborty, A. Khaligh, A. Emadi, and A. P faelzer, "Digital combination of buck and boost converters to control a positive buck-boost converter," in Proc. IEEE Power Electron. Spec. Conf., Jun. 2006, vol. 1, pp. 1-6.
- Chakraborty, A. Khaligh, and A. Emadi, "Combination of buck and boost modes to minimize transients in the output of a positive buck-boost converter," in Proc. IEEE 32nd Ind. Electron. Annu. Conf., Paris, France, Nov. 2006, pp. 2372-2377.
- Sahu and G. A. Rincon-Mora, "A low voltage, dynamic, non inverting, synchronous buck-boost converter for portable applications," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 443- 452, Mar. 2004.
- Bryant and M. K. Kazimierezuk, "Derivation of the buck-boost PWM DC-DC converter circuit topology," in Proc. Int. Symp. Circuits Syst., May 2002, vol. 5, pp. 841844.
- Y. Zhang and P. C. Sen, "A new soft-switching technique for buck, boost, and buck-boost converters," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol.39, no. 6, pp. 1775-1782, Nov./Dec. 2003.
- M. Gaboriault and A. Notman, "A high efficiency, noninverting, buck- boost DC-DC converter," in Proc. IEEE Appl. Power Electron. Conf., 2004, vol. 3, pp. 14111415.