Author : Malini K V 1
Date of Publication :19th April 2019
Abstract: A Quadcopter can achieve vertical flight in a stable manner and be used to monitor or collect data in a specific region such as mapping terrains. Technological advances have reduced the cost and increase the performance of the low power microcontrollers that allowed the general public to develop their own quadcopter. The goal of this project is to build, modify, and improve an existing quadcopter kit to clean outdoors, gather and store GPS data, and perform auto commands, such as collecting waste from rough terrain, auto-charge, auto-flight, auto-landing, using image processing technique. This project uses a quadcopter kit that includes a frame, motors, electronic speed controllers, Raspberry-Pi development board, and sensor boards. Batteries, a transmitter, a receiver, a GPS module, solar panels, Raspberry-Pi camera, a micro SD card adaptor and a cleaning unit (to collect-store-dispose wastes in correct place; from rough terrains) were to be interfaced with the kit. The Raspberry-Pi will be modified to properly interface the components with the quadcopter kit, Calibration and tuning of the PID controller will be done to obtain proper stabilization on each axis using custom PID test benches. Currently, the quadcopters can properly determine its GPS location; send the data captured by camera and store and log data. This solution also describes the auto-commands, to detect and collect the waste that is led on the rough terrain automatically by using image processing technique in Raspberry-Pi board which will be having the entire control over the drone automatically or manually. The Raspberry-Pi has the facility of IOT Using which we can provide and receive information of train status, cautions to various stations which make them inter-connected between them and the passengers.
- GPS 18 Technical specifications, GARMIN international, Inc, June 2005
- “PIC16F87XA Data Sheet”, 28/40/44-Pin Enhanced Flash Microcontrollers, Microchip Technology, 20
- “SIM300 GSM/GPRS Modem Manual”, SIMCOM Co. Ltd.
- MAX232 level converter datasheet, TEXAS Corporation, October 2002 IIS definition, URL: http://searchwindowsserver.techtarget.com/, cited on 3 April 2011.
- OZEKI NG SMS gateway website, URL: http://www.ozekisms.com/index.php February 2011.
- What is PHP, URL: http://www.techrepublic.com/ accessed on 3 April 2011
- Michaelkofler, “The definitive guide to MYSQL5, third edition”, New York 2005, (PAGE 3, 4, 5, 6, 7).
- Official Google Map API website, URL http://code.google.com/apis/maps/faq.html/ accessed on 25 February 2011.
- X. Zhang, X. Li, K. Wang, and Y. Lu, “A Survey of Modelling and Identification of Quadrotor Robot,” in Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2014, 2014, pp. 16.