Author : R. Gowrisankara Rao 1
Date of Publication :23rd January 2020
Abstract: In recent years, incorporation of micro grids in electrical networks has been increasing rapidly due to low cost green energy, reduce peak loads and protect the grid under disturbance. It can be operated either in autonomous mode or grid connected mode to provide reliable power to consumers. A micro grid integrates with Distributed Generators (DG) by small scale generation units and loads.bThe penetration of DG units has more prominent in micro grid. Even though, the presence of DGs has several advantages but they are encountered with safety issues. Islanding is an important issue out of them. It is the condition where DG units continue to power to loads even when grid power is no longer present. This is serious issue to utility grid personnel if the unintentional islanding occurred. This has to be detected for safe and reliable operation of micro grid. In this paper, evaluating the analysis of proposed passive islanding detection technique using MATLAB/ SIMULINK.
- Houshang Karimi, Member, IEEE, Amirnaser Yazdani, Member, IEEE, and Reza Iravani, Fellow, IEEE, Negative-Sequence Current Injection for Fast Islanding Detection of a Distributed Resource Unit, 2008
- IoanViorel Banu, Marcel Istrate, Dragos Machidon, Razvan Pantelimon. “A Study on Anti-Islanding Detection Algorithms for Grid-Tied Photovoltaic Systems”, 2014
- Anila Antony, Devika Menon. “Islanding Detection Technique of Distribution Generation System”, 2016
- Jun Yin, Liuchen Chang, Senior Member, IEEE and Chris Diduch, Member, IEEE. Recent Developments in Islanding Detection for Distributed Power Generation, 2004
- Amit Singh, R.S. Bhatia Saurabh Chanana, An AntiIslanding Technique for Grid-Connected DG and multi DG System, 2018
- Pukar Mahat, Zhe Chen and Birgitte Bak-Jensen, Review of Islanding Detection Methods for Distributed Generation, 2008
- Shambhu B. Jinjala, Bhavarth N. Vaidya, Analysis of Active and Passive Method for Islanding Detection of 3- phase Grid Connected PV System, 2018.
- H. H. Zeineldin, A Q-f Droop Curve for Facilitating Islanding Detection of Inverter-Based Distributed Generation‖, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 665-673, 2009.
- Dube, A., & Sindhu, Comparative Analysis of Passive Islanding Detection Methods for Grid-Connected Distributed Generators, 2015.
- Michael Wrinch, Member, IEEE, Jos´e Mart, Fellow, IEEE, Mukesh Nag pal, Member, IEEE, Negative Sequence Impedance based Islanding Detection for Distributed Generation (NSIID), 2008
- S. R. Mohanty, N. Kishor, P. K. Ray and J. P. S. Catalo, "Comparative Study of Advanced Signal Processing Techniques for Islanding Detection in a Hybrid Distributed Generation System," in IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 122-131, Jan. 2015.