Author : Guruprasad P. Sali 1
Date of Publication :9th April 2020
Abstract: Internet of Things” is fast and becoming a emerging technology business opportunity, with standards emerging primarily for wireless communication between devices and gadgets in day to day human life, in general referred to as Things. This paper aims at controlling home appliances and building a sensible wireless home security system using Wi-Fi as communication protocol. The Home Automation are often implemented using differing types of wireless communication techniques like ZigBee, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GSM, etc. These existing methods have drawbacks as they work in short range. To overcome these drawbacks, we are getting to implement this project “IOT based Smart security and Smart Home Automation”. The project focuses on controlling lights and fans referred as Home Automation and providing Smart security by sending a captured image through an E-mail to the owner using internet when an object is detected. By using “Node MCU” Module we are getting to implement this project. This will be more helpful for handicapped and aged people.
- Ravi Kishore kodali and Vishal jain “ IOT based smart security and Home Automation system” International conference on computing, communication and automation (ICCCA 2016)
- R. Piyare and M. Tazil, "Bluetooth based home automation system using cell phone," Consumer Electronics (ISCE), 2011 IEEE 15th International Symposium on, Singapore, 2011, pp. 192-195.
- S. Sen, S. Chakrabarty, R. Toshniwal, A. Bhaumik, “Design of an intelligent voice controlled home automation system”, International Journal of Computer Applications, vol. 121, no.15, pp. 39- 42, 2015
- H. AlShu'eili, G. S. Gupta and S. Mukhopadhyay, "Voice recognition based wireless home automation system," Mechatronics (ICOM), 2011 4th International Conference On, Kuala Lumpur, 2011, pp. 1-6.
- R. Teymourzadeh, Salah Addin Ahmed, Kok Wai Chan and Mok Vee Hoong, "Smart GSM based Home Automation System," Systems, Process & Control (ICSPC), 2013 IEEE Conference on, Kuala Lumpur, 2013, pp. 306-309.
- A. R. . C. Y. . O. K. Withanage, C., “A comparison of the popular home automation technologies,” pp. 1 – 11, may 2014
- D. Pasha, K. Takeda, “A Product Based Security Model for Smart Home Appliances”, Proctor 40th Annual IEEE Int. Carnahan Conf. Security Technology, 2006, pp. 234 – 242.
- Rye, Dave (October 1999). "My Life at X10". AV and Automation Industry magazine. AV and Automation Industry magazine. Retrieved October 8, 2014.
- “1.5 Million Home Automation Systems Installed in the US This Year". www.abiresearch.com. Retrieved 2016-11- 22.
- Li, Rita Yi Man; Li, Hero Ching Yu; Make, Cho Kei; Tang, Tony Bei qi. "Sustainable Smart Home and Home Automation: Big Data Analytics Approach". International Journal of Smart Home. 10 (8): 177–198. doi:10.14257/ijsh.2016.10.8.18.