Author : Rajneesh Dubey 1
Date of Publication :8th December 2020
Abstract: The purpose of the paper is to manipulate the separately excited DC motor via the usage of the strength electronic IGBT (Insulate Gate Bipolar Transistor). The speed of separately excited DC motor may be manipulated by using varying the armature terminal voltage. In this way the speed may be controlled for above rated speed and under the rated speed respectively. In this model, the speed of motor up to and below the rated speed may be achieved via changing the armature voltage. The voltage of armature terminal may be precise by using IGBT or MOSFET established chopper. The IGBT chopper get the signal from controller and adjustable voltage is given to the armature of dc motor according to the specified speed. The main benefits to apply this method is that the speed varies proportionally with armature terminal voltage and varies inversely with subject terminal voltage with the help of maintaining the voltage of discipline and armature steady respectively. The PI controller is finding for isolation of delay and presents very fast manage. The version of one after the other excited DC motor is designed and the general format of DC force mechanism is obtained. By the assessment of triangular carrier signal with reference signal we get the PWM pulse for chopper switch. The simulation version is designed within the MATLAB/SIMULINK. The simulation output parameters of simulation model of DC motor such as; armature current, armature voltage, torque, speed, field current is analyzed.
-  Amir Faizy, Shailendra Kumar, DC motor control using chopper, NIT Rourkela 2011.
- Ramon Silva-Ortigoza, Victor Manuel Hern andezGuzm ´ an, Mayra Antonio-Cruz, and Daniel Mu ´ nozCarrillo DC/DC Buck Power Converter as a Smooth Starter for a DC Motor Based on a Hierarchical Control IEEE transactions on power electronics, vol. 30, no. 2, february 2015.
- M. H. Rashid, Power Electronics: Circuits, Devices and Applications (3rd Edition), Prentice Hall, 2003.
- Z. Chen, W. Gao, J. Hu, and X. Ye, “Closed-loop analysis and cascade control of a non minimum phase Boost converter,” IEEE Trans. Power Electronics., vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 1237–1252, Apr. 2011.
- H. Sira-Ram´ırez and M.A.Oliver-Salazar, “On the robust control of Buck converter DC-motor combinations,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 28, no. 8, pp. 3912–3922, Aug. 2013.
- J. Linares-Flores and H. Sira-Ram´ırez,“ DC motor velocity control through a DC-to-DC power converter,” in Proc. IEEE 43rd Conf. Decision Control, Atlantis, The Bahamas, Dec. 14–17, 2004, vol. 5, pp. 5297-5302.
- R.Nagarajan,2 S.Sathishkumar, 3 K.Balasubramani,4 C.Boobalan, 5 S.Naveen,6 N.Sridhar, Chopper Fed Speed Control of DC Motor Using PI Controller , May 2016.