Author : Rahul Gupta 1
Date of Publication :30th September 2020
Abstract: The focal center of this paper is to resolve the problem of cost optimization in electricity market with application of oppositional based learning (OBL) method with computational method called Krill Herd Algorithm (KHA). The combination of both techniques leads to development of new algorithm called Oppositional Krill Herd Algorithm (OKHA) that enhances the characteristics of existing algorithm. The new algorithm is based on searching behavior of krill herd for food with oppositional based learning characteristics which helps to solve the economic load dispatch (ELD) problem with fast and accurate computations. In this paper, proposed technique is being applied on 10-unit system and outputs obtained by OKHA method are being compared with KHA. By evaluation of results, the proposed algorithm is competent to reach the optimal cost value of power system along with generation of improved convergence cost curves.
- Resener, M., Haffner, S., Pereira, L. A., & Pardalos, P. M. (2018). Optimization techniques applied to planning of electric power distribution systems: a bibliographic survey. Energy Systems, 9(3), 473-509.
- Milligan, Michael, Bethany A. Frew, Aaron Bloom, Erik Ela, Audun Botterud, Aaron Townsend, and Todd Levin. "Wholesale electricity market design with increasing levels of renewable generation: Revenue sufficiency and long-term reliability." The Electricity Journal 29, no. 2 (2016): 26-38
- Mahdi, F. P., Vasant, P., Kallimani, V., Watada, J., Fai, P. Y. S., & Abdullah-Al-Wadud, M. (2018). A holistic review on optimization strategies for combined economic emission dispatch problem. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 81, 3006-3020.
- Hamedi, H. (2013). Solving the combined economic load and emission dispatch problems using new heuristic algorithm. International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, 46, 10-16.
- Fesanghary, M., & Ardehali, M. M. (2009). A novel meta-heuristic optimization methodology for solving various types of economic dispatch problem. Energy, 34(6), 757-766..
- Bolaji, A. L. A., Al-Betar, M. A., Awadallah, M. A., Khader, A. T., & Abualigah, L. M. (2016). A comprehensive review: Krill Herd algorithm (KH) and its applications. Applied Soft Computing, 49, 437-446.