Author : Sayan Kumar Nag 1
Date of Publication :30th September 2020
Abstract: As per the relative consumption of various energy sources as percent of the world total, India among the major Asian economies, occupies the second place immediately after China. In this context, this paper attempts to explore the possible impact of various forms of energy consumption sources and consumption pattern. And this study considers the annual data from 2009-2010 to 2019-2020 to using simple statistical methods of analysing data. Energy is required for the economic growth and development of a nation and improving the quality of life of its citizens. Energy consumption directly effects the economic growth of our country; besides it also examined the influence of various forms of energy consumption growth on growth of private consumption and private investment as different components of GDP growth.
- Paul, Shyamal & Rabindra N. Bhattacharya, "Causality between Energy Consumption and Economic Growth in India: A Note on Conflicting Results", Energy Economics, 2004s, Vol. 26, pp. 977-83.
- Ghosh, S., "Future Demand of Petroleum Products in India", Energy Policy, 2006, 34, pp.2032-37.
- India’s Energy and Emissions Outlook: Results from India Energy Model – NITI Aayog.
- Masih, A. M. M., Masih, R., "On the Temporal Causal Relationship between Energy Consumption, Real Income, and Prices: Some New Evidence from Asian- energy Dependent NICs Based on a Multivariate Cointegration/Vector Error- correction Approach", Journal of Policy Modelling, 1997, Vol. 19, pp.417-40.
- Kraft J., Kraft A. (1978) “On the relationship between energy and GNP”. Journal of Energy Development 3, pp.401-403
- Anupama Das, Murshed Chowdhury and Syeed Khan (2012) “The Dynamics of Electricity Consumption and Growth Nexus: Empirical Evidence from three Developing Region”, Applied Economic Research. Nov 2012, Vol.6, No.4, pp-445.
- nternational Energy Agency – India 2020 Energy Policy Review.
- Lee, Chien-Chiang, "The Causality Relationship between Energy Consumption and GDP in G-l 1 Countries Revisited", Energy Policy, 2006, Vol 34, pp. 1086-93.
- 9. Energy Statistics 2020 – National Statistical Office – Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of India.
- Payne J.E (2010) “A survey of the electricity consumption – growth literature”. Applied Energy, 87 (3), 723-31.