Author : Ananad Kakade 1
Date of Publication :20th November 2020
Abstract: This system is designed for the detection of incorrect electronic components on the printed circuit board (PCB). The aim of this system is to manufacture the electronic devices quickly without any faults in the printed circuit board. The mounting the electronics component on the PCB is a very critical work which makes many mistakes like an open circuit, short circuit, circuit breaks this type of problems are overcome by using this system. This system can identify the incorrect position of electronics components on the circuit board by using image matching algorithm. This system able to identify only having reliable text on the components, if their no text present on the component, then this system does not work. For edge detection purpose Canny Edge Detection Using PCA algorithm is used. Different types of factors like the angle of PCB, Ununiformed light condition, the distance between the PCB and the camera etc. are very important during processing an image. Various factors are considered during processing an image like tilting angle of PCB, position of camera, light condition, and the fix distance between camera and the PCB. In this system every time reference PCB is compared with test PCB if the position of components in PCB is incorrect, then it will show by the only red circle in MATLAB.
- Bin Zhang, Pin Feng, Jiayu Chen and Xianming Deng, “Design of PCB Automatic Optical Defect Detection and Control System Based on PLC”, IOP Conf. Series Materials Science and Engineering, 2018.
- D. B. Anitha and Mahesh Rao, “A Survey on Defect Detection in Bare PCB and Assembled PCB using Image Processing Techniques”, IEEE Wisp NET conference, pp. 39-43, 2017.
- S. H. Indera Putera, Z. Ibrahim, “Printed Circuit Board Defect Detection Using Mathematical Morphology and MAT LAB Image Processing Tools”, 2010 2nd International Conference on Education Technology and Computer (ICETC), pp. V5-359-V5-363, 2010.
- Prachi P. Londe and S. A. Chava, “Automatic PCB Defects Detection and Classification using MATLAB”, International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology, vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 2119- 2123, June 2014.
- Namita Kalyan Shinde, Prof. S. S. Morade, “Pcb Inspection System Using Image Processing”, International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology Research (IJSETR), Volume 4, Issue 4, pp. 1009-1012, April 2015.
- Fabiana R. Leta, Flávio F. Feliciano, Flavius P. R. Martins, “Computer Vision System For Printed Circuit Board Inspection”, ABCM Symposium Series in Mechatronics, Vol. 3, pp. 623-632, 2008.