Author : Rudransh Pandey 1
Date of Publication :25th March 2021
Abstract: Parkinson’s disease, essential tremor, tremor due to age creates serious hindrance in performing daily activities like eating, holding, and any task related to grip. There are many devices in the market, which assist persons suffering from tremors by using various techniques. But all the devices are either very complex or very costly. Our aim is to do an extensive study of all possible devices helping patients suffering from tremors, in daily activities like eating, holding transporting mainly and design a low-cost assistive device that will help the patients to eat without any external help. Furthermore, we also propose some technology to extend the project to other activities like reading, buttoning shirts, holding a bowl, and other utensils. Hence, we are planning to design cost friendly and compatible device for the patients.
- Franklin Parrales Bravo, Alberto A. Del Barrio Garcia, Mercedes Gallego de la Sacristana, Lydia Lopez Manzanares, Jose Vivancos and Jose Luis Ayala Rodrigo. Support system to improve reading activity in Parkinson’s disease and essential tremor patients. Published: 3 May 2017
- Sreekanth Rudraraju and The Nguyen. Wearable Tremor Reduction Device (TRD) for human hands and arms. Published: 14 June 2018
- Anupam Pathak, John A. Redmond, Michael Allen and Kelvin L. Chou. A non-invasive handheld assistive device accommodate essential tremor. Published: 27 Dec 2013
- Erika Rovini, Carlo Maremmani and Filippo Cavallo. How wearable sensors can support Parkinson’s diagnosis and treatment: A systematic Review. 6 Oct 2017
- Johan Abrahamsson and Johan Danmo. The stabilizing spoon. Published: Sweden 2017