Author : Seema P N 1
Date of Publication :20th February 2021
Abstract: New technologies are emerging gradually inorder to meet the increasing power demand. Increased power demand is the main reason for the depletion of resources and also an increase in tariff. Smart grids and smart meters are very good solutions for issues in Energy management. Smart grids are the improvised version of conventional grids which provides two-way communication between utility and consumer so that the consumer is able to know the flexible tariff and accordingly he can adjust the consumption. This paper discusses intelligent control in the consumer side to meet with the demand and to switch to renewable sources when the demand is high.
- Gouri R. Barai, Student Member, IEEE, Sridhar Krishnan, Senior Member, IEEE, and Bala Venkatesh, Senior Member, IEEE et.al ‘Smart Metering and Functionalities of Smart Meters in Smart Grid A Review’ 26-28 Oct. 2015 IEEE (EPEC)
- Nand Nandan Arora, Anish Jindal, Mukesh Singh,Neeraj Kumar, Praveen Kumar et.al ‘A Novel Smart Meter for Better Control over Devices Including Electric Vehicles and to Enable Smart use of Power in Smart Home’ 2015 (ITEC)
- Jishnu Sankar V C, Hareesh V, Manjula G Nair et.al ‘Integration of Demand Response with Prioritized Load Optimization for Multiple Homes’,2017 International Conference on Technological Advancements in Power and Energy ( TAP Energy), 2017. 2017 International Conference on Technological Advancements in Power and Energy ( TAP Energy), 2017.
- Deepthisree Madathil, Manjula G Nair et.al ‘An Energy Management Control Strategy for Efficient Scheduling of Domestic Appliances in Residential Buildings’.
- Maryam Imani, Hassan Ghassemian ‘Electrical Load Forecasting Using Customers Clustering and Smart Meters in Internet of Things ’ 2018 9th International Symposium on Telecommunications (IST'2018)
- M. Ghofrani, SM IEEE, M. Hassanzadeh, SM IEEE, M. Etezadi-Amoli, life Sr. Member IEEE, M. S. Fadali, Sr. Member IEEE ‘Smart Meter Based ShortTerm Load Forecasting for Residential Customers’ 2011 North American Power Symposium
- S.M. Sulaiman, P. Aruna Jeyanthy and D. Devaraj ‘Artificial Neural Network based Day Ahead Load Forecasting using Smart Meter Data’ 2016 Biennial International Conference on Power and Energy Systems:Towards Sustainable Energy (PESTSE)
- Yoshihito Kinoshita, Kazunori Iwabuchi, Yasuyuki Miyazaki et.al.’ Distribution voltage monitoring and control utilising smart meters’24th International Conference & Exhibition on Electricity Distribution (CIRED)
- Efrain Bernal Alzate , Maximiliano Bueno-Lopez ´ , Jian Xie, and Kai Strunz ‘Distribution System State Estimation to Support Coordinated Voltage-Control Strategies by Using Smart Meters’ IEEE transactions on power systems, vol. 34, no. 6, november 2019
- Fernanda C. L. Trindade, Member, IEEE, and Walmir Freitas, Member, IEEE et.al‘Low Voltage Zones to Support Fault Location in Distribution Systems With Smart Meters’IEEE transactions on smart grid, vol. 8, no. 6, november 2017