Author : Manas Kumar Garai 1
Date of Publication :20th May 2021
Abstract: Present day’s communication technology demands high data processing speed, potential band width with enormous data handling capacities, and this can be achieved with light wave technology in all optical domains. In this article the authors have proposed a method of developing an optical encoder circuit that has been working based on the nonlinear polarization switching action and frequency conversion properties of semiconductor optical amplifiers. For secure and error free performance frequency encoded data have been exploited.
- F.Mehdizadeh,Md. Soroosh, H.Alipour-Benaei, “Proposal for 4-to-2 optical encoder based on photonic crystals,IET Optoelectronics”, Vol.11(1),pp.29-35,2016.
- TA . Moniem, “All optical digital 4x2 encoder based on 2D photonic crystal ring resonators”,J.Mod.Opt., Vol.,63(8),pp.735-741, 2016.
- A.Salimzadeh,H. Alipour-Banaei, “An all-optical 8 to 3 encoder based on photonic crystal OR- gate ring resonators”,Optics Commn. ,Vol.410,pp.793-798, 2018
- S. K. Garai, “Method of all-optical frequency encoded decimal to binary and BCD, binary to gray and gray to binary data conversion using semiconductor optical amplifiers”, Appl. Opt., Vol. 50, no. 2,pp 3795– 3807, 2011.
- H.J.S Dorren, D.Lenstra ,Y. Liu ,M.T. Hill, G.Khoe , “ Nonlinear Polarization Rotation in Semiconductor Optical Amplifiers: Theory and Application to All-Optical FlipFlop Memories”. IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics , Vol. 39(1),pp. 141-148, 2003.
- M.K.Garai,S.K.Garai,M.K.Mandal, “ An all-optical frequency encoded full adder using semiconductor optical amplifiers”, Optik, Vol.126,pp.813-816, 2015.