Author : Henry Widodo 1
Date of Publication :31st July 2021
Abstract: Multilevel inverter research has been carried out with 7 levels. The development of renewable energy that is increasingly widespread, such as the use of photovoltaic in distribution generation which requires inverter with more efficient. Multilevel inverter H-Bridge is an inverter that is commonly used with the aim of reducing the content of Total Harmonic Distortion that affects the voltage and current waveform in the load. Achieving a 7-level system needs a series arrangement of three H-Bridge cells. This is a consideration for developing a new design by considering that the H-Bridge series arrangement is a bulky system and uses many switches and resulting in a large switch loss. This paper proposes a new design called the T-H inverter topology which is a combination of the H-Bridge and T-type inverters. The advantage of the T-H inverter is that for one cell it is able to produce 7 voltage levels and the number of switches used is less than the bulky H-Bridge. The T-H inverter topology is built with a Phase Shift Sinusoidal Pulse Width Modulation control scheme. The switching frequency used is 5 kHz. The simulation is built with simulink Matlab 2018a. The simulation results show that current THD content of the three H-Bridge cells and the T-H inverter are 2.33% and 2.31%, respectively, at a fundamental frequency of 50 Hz.
- Yadav SA, Khadse CB. Implementation of Multilevel Inverter for Harmonic Reduction in Solar PV Application. IEEE 2nd International Conference on Intelligent Computing, Instrumentation and Control Technologies. 2019:665-669.
- Ahmad Z, Singh SN. Single Phase Transformerless Inverter Topology With Reduced Leakage Current for Grid Connected Photovoltaic System. Electric Power System Research. 2018:193-203.
- Zeb K, Uddin W, Khan MA, Ali Z, Ali MU, Christofides N, Kim HJ. A Comprehensive Review on Inverter Topologies and Control Strategies for Grid Connected Photovoltaic System. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2018:1120-1141.
- Vijeh M, Rezanejad M, Samadaei E, Bertilsson K. A General Review of Multilevel Inverters Based on Main Submodules: Structural Point of View. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 34, no. 10. 2019:9479-9502.
- Pozos CAL, Vazquez G. Analysis and Design of Single-Phase T-type Transformerless Inverter for PV applications. IEEE International Autumn Meeting on Power, Electronics and Computing. 2017:1-6.
- Chakraborty TK, Anan A, Rakib SH. Experimental Investigation on Single-Phase Multilevel Inverter for Generating 21-Level Output Voltage Using Four HBridge Units. IEEE 4th Southern Power Electronics Conference. 2018:1-4.
- Singh G, Garg VK. THD Analysis of Cascaded HBridge Multi-Level Inverter. IEEE 4th International Conference on Signal Processing, Computing and Control. 2017:1-5.
- Hosainy AE, Hamed HA, Azazi HZ, Kholy EEE. A Review of Multilevel Inverter Topologies, Control Techniques, and Applications. IEEE Nineteenth International Middle East Power Systems Conference. 2017:1265-1275.