Author : Payal Paygude 1
Date of Publication :5th August 2021
Abstract: In the coming years, we will be more or less dependent on renewable energy as conventional energy resources are exhausting progressively. Solar energy is the dynamic resource of renewable energy. Yet with fixed assembly of Solar Panel, we cannot gain maximum output throughout a day. To enhance optimum energy output from the solar panel it should be accompanied with the Sun tracking system so that it will control the solar panel position according to the location of the Sun even in the bad weather conditions. In this paper, monitoring and controlling of solar panel is executed by Allen Bradley MicroLogix 1400 PLC which is the main controller of system and SCADA. With the help of LDR sensors, position of solar panel is controlled through programming by scaling, comparing LDR sensors output and accordingly PLC actuates the linear actuator to adjust solar panel to the direction of the Sun with the intention that maximum sunrays will fall on it. The generated power by solar panel is stored into the batteries using Solar charge controller and fed to the load after converting DC power to AC with inverter circuit. By PLC SCADA interface continuous monitoring of solar power generated using Real-time Trend and Historic Trend is done. DHT11 sensor is used to monitor weather conditions. A DC motor with wiper is used for cleaning mechanism of the solar panel. The proposed system is self-reliant and power generation efficiency is improved approximately to 25%.
- Wadghule, T., & Aranke, V. R. (2016). Efficiency improvement of photovoltaic panel by tracking method. 2016 International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, and Optimization Techniques (ICEEOT). IEEE. doi: 10.1109/ICEEOT.2016.7755250
- Charles Rajesh Kumar, J., & Majid, M. A. (2020). Renewable energy for sustainable development in India: current status, future prospects, challenges, employment, and investment opportunities. Energy, Sustainability and Society volume.
- Duarte, f., Gaspar, p. D., & Gonçalves, L. C. (2010). two axes solar tracker based on solar maps,controlled by a low-power microcontroller. Journal of Energy and Power Engineering, 7.
- Lam zi-yi, & Sew-kin Wong. (2012). The design of DC motor driver for solar tracking applications. Semiconductor Electronics (ICSE), 2012 10th IEEE International Conference on. IEEE. doi:10.1109/SMElec.2012.6417207
- Reddy, y. j., dash, s., ramsesh, a., y, v., & k, p. (2012). monitoring and control of real time simulated microgrid with renewable energy sources. 6.
- U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)International. (2020, september 30). Retrieved from U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)International: https://www.eia.gov/internation a l/analysis/country/IND
- Vastav, B. K., Shri vastav, b., nema , s., swarnar , p., & doppllapidi, r. (2016). automatic solar tracking system using DELTA PLC. 2016 International Conference on Electrical Power and Energy Systems (ICEPES) (p. 6). Bhopal, India: Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal, India.