Author : Rashmi Deshpande 1
Date of Publication :10th August 2021
Abstract: One of the limitations of the electric vehicles is their short travel range compared to their excessive charging time. The travel range can be extended by charging the battery while in motion. This paper presents a design to charge the Electric Vehicle (EV) while running using renewable energy source. The proposed EV design utilizes wind energy to charge battery while the vehicle is being driven. An electric powered vehicle has a bank of batteries that runs the entire vehicle. This paper is on charging the batteries of the vehicle on the run. This is done by using the wind that acts opposite of a moving car. This process can go on till the vehicle is completely charged or the driver finds a charging station. This paper mainly focuses on the design of the wind powered car and to determine the power required for driving the system.
- Prakash, K., Mamun, K. A., Islam, F. R., Chand, A. A., Prasad, K. A., Goundar, K. K., & Maharaj, S. (2019). Hybrid Electric Vehicle: Designing a Control of Solar /Wind /Battery /Capacitor/Fuel Cell Hybrid
- System. 2019 29th Australasian Universities Power Engineering Conference (AUPEC).  Mathiesen, B. V., Lund, H., Connolly, D., Wenzel, H., Østergaard, P. A., Möller, B., Hvelplund, F. K. (2015). Smart Energy Systems for coherent 100% renewable energy and transport solutions. Applied Energy, 145, 139–154.
- Md Rabiul Awal, Muzammil Jusoh, Md. Nazmus Sakib, Fakir Sharif Hossain, Mohd Rashidi Che Beson and Syed Alwee Aljunid (2015). Design and implementation of Vehicle Mounted Wind Turbine.
- M. Zahir Hussain, R. Anbalagan, D. Jayabalakrishnan et al., Charging of car battery in electric vehicle by using wind energy, Materials Today: Proceedings, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2020.08.341
- Shan Varghese Abraham (2018). Power Generation from a Moving Locomotive by Wind Turbine. GRD Journal March 2018  Sampath Suranjan Salins. Design and fabrication of wind powered vehicle.
- Charging of car battery in electric vehicle by using wind energy M. Zahir Hussaina, R. Anbalagana, D. Jayabalakrishnanb, D.B. Naga Murugab, M. Prabhaharc,K. Bhaskara, S. Sendilvelan.
- V.M.Prajapati, K.H.Thakkar “Determination of Energy Produced by Wind Mill on Running Vehicle” International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, Vol.3, Issue 1, January-February 2013
- Alexander, D. (2008), “Region can Produce Wind Turbine Parts”, http://blog.mlive.com/ chronicle/2008/01/region_can_produce_wind_turbin e.html, Michigan, Accessed: February 15, 2012.
- Altaf, H. (2010), “Electric Car Parts - What are the Main Parts of Electric Car Driving Systems?” http://ezinearticles.com/?Electric-Car-Parts---WhatAre-the-Main-Parts-of-Electric-Car-Driving Systems? &id=3728017, Accessed: February 20, 2013.