Author : Aditya Kumar Singh 1
Date of Publication :14th September 2021
Abstract: This paper describes a non-invasive method for monitoring blood glucose levels of diabetic and non-diabetic peoples. The meaning of non-invasive is the method to measure glucose level without pricking or ejecting blood from body. A non-invasive method for glucose monitoring provides adequate control and greatly reduces the complications in diabetic patients; and consequently reduces the health care costs. Non-invasive method is advantageous as the possibilities of infections get reduced and even there is no pain of pricking the blood. The proposed method uses near infrared sensor for determination of blood glucose. Near-Infrared light is sent through the fingertip before and after blocking the blood flow. By analysing the voltage variation received after transmission through fingertip, approximate glucose level is predicted. The obtained glucose level is further transmitted to the smart android app for further analysis and storage of the data.
- “Diabetes Information Sheet ( English)" in Translated Resources for the Management of Diabetes, National Diabetes Service Scheme, Diabetes Australia
- F. Chee and T. Fernando, Closed-Loop Control of Blood Glucose, 1st ed. New York: Springer. 2007  V. V. Tuchin, Handbook of Optical Sensing of Glucose in Biological Fluids and Tissues. New York: CRC Press, 2008
- M. Shichiri, Y. Yamasaki, R. Kawamori, N. Hakui and H. Abe, "Wearable Artificial Endocrine Pancreas With Needle-Type Glucose Sensor", The Lancet, vol. 320, no. 8308, pp. 1129–1131, 1982
- J. Lai, H. Wu, H. Chang, and R. Chen ,"Design a Portable BioSensing System for Glucose Measurement", in the IEEE International Conference on Complex, Intelligent and Software Intensive Systems (CISIS), Seoul, Korea, 2011, pp. 71–76.
- D. Li, X. Huang, H. Yu, Z. Zhang, F. Huang, K. Xu, and X. Hu, "A Novel Minimally Invasive Method to Detect Glucose Concentration without Blood Extraction, in the IEEE International Conference on Nano/Micro Engineered and Molecular Systems, Zhuhai, 2006, pp. 1185–1189.
- S. K. Vashist , " Non-invasive Glucose Monitoring Technology in Diabetes Management: A Review", Anal. Chim. Acta, vol. 750, pp. 16–27, 2012
- O. Olarte, J. Chilo, J. Pelegri-Sebastia, K. Barbe and W. Van Moer "Glucose Detection in Human Sweat Using an Electronic Nose", in the IEEE 35th Annual Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC),Osaka, 2013, pp. 1462–1465.
- A. Ergin and G. A. Thomas , "Non-Invasive Detection of Glucose in Porcine Eyes" in the IEEE 31st Annual Northeast Bioengineering Conference, 2005, .pp. 2–3.