Author : Neeraj Kumar 1
Date of Publication :16th September 2021
Abstract: Nowadays, under the progress of science and technology, the biggest difference between a robotic arm and a human arm lies in flexibility and strength. That is, the biggest advantage of the robotic arm is that normally it can repeat the same motion without feeling tired.This paper presents the design and development of a 5-Degree of Freedom (DOF) robotic arm, where the position of the joints are controlled by the user. A gui interface is designed for controlling the robotic arm through sending the ascii signals over the wired serial communication and additionally an android application is also developed to control the robotic arm over a wireless link using a bluetooth module. The Arduino UNO R3 board is the main heart of this project which interfaces with the Graphical User Interface and servo motors.
- Simon Monk - Arduino + Android Projects for the Evil Genius Control Arduino with Your Smartphone or Tablet (2011, McGraw-HillTab Electronics).
- Mohammed, A.A. and Sunar, M., 2015, May. Kinematics modeling of a 4-DOF robotic arm. In Control, Automation and Robotics (ICCAR), 2015 International Conference on (pp. 87-91). IEEE.
- E. Punna, R. K. Nenavath, and B. Maloth, "Labview Controlled Robotic ARM."
- C. A. Schuler and W. L. McNamee, Industrial electronics and robotics: McGraw-Hill, Inc., 1986.
- Chapter 18 [Communicating with Bluetooth, NFC, and Wi-Fi Peer-to-Peer] from “Lake, Ian_ Meier, Reto - Professional Android-John Wiley & Sons (2018)”.
- Zhang, Z., 2015. Wearable sensor technologies applied for post-stroke rehabilitation (Doctoral dissertation, RMIT University).
- Qassem, M.A., Abuhadrous, I. and Elaydi, H., 2010, March. Modeling and Simulation of 5 DOF educational robot arm. In Advanced Computer Control (ICACC), 2010 2nd International Conference on (Vol. 5, pp. 569-574). IEEE