Author : Asif Iqbal Mulla 1
Date of Publication :7th March 2017
Abstract: Agriculture is, doubtlessly, one of the most relevant fields that drive Indian economy. India produces diverse types of spices and seeds depending upon the different soil and climate conditions. India is also one among the cultivator of arecanut and much of its production happens in the coastal region. It is a tropical crop. There is a variation in the quality of arecanut that makes it classified into various types. The arecanut classification and segregation is necessary, basically segregation is done manually which consumes much time, more effort and more error prone. This paper proposes an automatized approach of classification and segregation using hardware and digital image processing.
- A.M Neville (1985), Properties of concrete, Pitman.
- A. K. Marunmale, A.C.Attar, (June-July 2014), Designing, Developing and Testing of Cellular Lightweight Concrete Brick (CLC) Wall built in RatTrap bond, Current Trends in Technology and Science ISSN: 2279- 0535. Volume: 3, Issue: 4
- Mohd Roji Samidi,(1997). First report research project on lightweight concrete, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Skudai, Johor Bahru
- Norizal, Production of Foamed Concrete. USM. www.hsp.usm.my/Norizal/hbp.htm
- Shan Somayuji (1995), Civil Engineering Materials, N.J Prentice
- Formed Lightweight Concrete. www.pearliteconcreteforrorepair.com
- M. S. Shetty, Concrete Technology Theory & Practice, Published by S. CHAND & Company, Ram Nagar, New Delhi.
- P.S.Bhandari, Dr. K.M.Tajne, November 2014, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, ISSN: 2319- 8753, Vol. 3, Issue 11.
- Krishna Bhavani Siram, (Dec 2012), Cellular LightWeight Concrete Blocks as a Replacement of Burnt Clay Bricks, International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology (IJEAT) ISSN: 2249 – 8958, Volume-2, Issue-2, pp – 149151.
- “Standard Practice for Selecting Proportions for Structural Lightweight Concrete”. ACI 211.2-98, American Concrete Institute, Detroit, Michigan. 1998
- Dr. Shalini Malhotra, “Role Of Agriculture In Indian Economy”, International Journal of Engineering, Science and Mathematics, Volume 3, Issue 4December 2014.
- Arecanut in Karnataka, https://www.tssindia.in/index.php/other1/about-arecanut-men u/areca-in-karnataka
- Yud-Ren Chen , Kuanglin Chao, Moon S. Kim, “Machine vision technology for agricultural Applications”, Computers and Electronics in Agriculture 36 (2002) 173-191
- Global Scene, https://www.tssindia.in/index.php/other1/about-arecanut-men u/global-scene
- Kamla Moond1, Hitesh Vyas, Harisha C. R., V. J. Shukla “Prithvi Mahabhuta Dominant Characters In Pugaphala (Areca Catechu Linn.) Scientifically Assessed Through Pharmacognosy And Pharmaceutical Chemistry”, International Journal of Current Pharmaceutical Research, Vol 10, Issue 4, 2018.
- Arecanut economically, https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/economy/agri-business /arecanut-economically-attractive
- Arecanut,Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Areca_nut Arecanut production in india, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Areca_nut_production_in_India
- Indian scenario of Arecanut- krishisewa,
- https://www.krishisewa.com/articles/production-technology/6 1-arecanut.html
- DASD Calicut, https://www.dasd.gov.in/
- MAMCOS, Shimoga Karnataka India. https://mamcos.info/en/  Ajith Danthi and Suresha M, “Arecanut grading based on three sigma controls and SVM”, IEEE International Conference on Advances in Engineering, Science and Management (ICAESM), pages: 372 – 376, 2012.
- Ajith Danti, Suresha M, S K Narasimha Murthy, “Classification of Arecanuts Using HaarWavelets”, International Conference on Advanced Computer Science and Information Technology, Institure of Technology and Research, Bhubaneshwar, Orissa Conference held at Bangalore,2013.
- Ajith.Danti and Suresha M, “Segmentation and Classification of Raw Arecanuts based on Three Sigma Control Limits”, Elsevier International Conference on Computer, Communication, Control and Information Technology (C3IT-2012), Volume 4, pages: 215–219, 2012.
- AjitDanti, Suresha M, “Texture Based Decision Tree Classification for Arecanut”, International CUBE conference on IT-EngineeringManagement-Telecom, MIT, Pune, 2012.
- AjitDanti,Suresha M and S.K Narasimhamurthy, “Invariant of Rotation and Scaling for Classification of Arecanut Based on Local Binary Patterns”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, Volume 3, Issue 10, October 2013.
- HarishaNaik T and SureshaM, “Classification of Arecanut based on Color Features”, International Journal of Circuit Theory and Application, 9(3), 2016, pp. 47-57.
- Kuo-Yi Huang, “Detection and classification of areca nuts with machine vision”, Elsevier, Computers and Mathematics with Applications 64 (2012) 739–746.
- Siddesha S, S K Niranjan and V N Manjunath Aradya, “A Study of Different Color Segmentation Techniques for Crop Bunch in Arecanut”, Copyright © 2020, IGI Global, Chapter 48.
- Siddesha S, S K Niranjan, and V N Manjunath Aradhya, “Texture based classification of Arecanut”, International Conference on Applied and Theoretical Computing and Communication Technology, 2015.
- R Dinesh, N K Bharadwaj, “Possible Approaches to Arecanut Sorting/Grading using Computer Vision”, International Conference on Computing, Communication and Automation, Greater Noida, India, 5-6 May 2017.
- Yousef Al Ohali, “Computer Vision Based Date Fruit Grading System: Design And Implementation”, Journal of King Saud University-Computer and Information Sciences January 2011.
- Hassan Sadrnia, Ali Rajabipour , Ali Jafary, Arzhang Javadi† And Younes Mostofi, “Classification And Analysis Of Fruit Shapes In Long Type Watermelon Using Image Processing”, International Journal Of Agriculture & Biology, 1560– 8530/2007/09–1–68–70.