Author : Rikta Majumder 1
Date of Publication :30th June 2022
Abstract: Induction machines are very popular in renewable energy sectors and load sectors, hence; it demands continuous performance assessments of the machines. This work highlighted the Park transformation based mathematical modeling of induction machine and total harmonic distortion (THD) based performance assessments of induction machine. Reference frame theory and axis transformation-based theory is used to design and simulate the machine in MATLAB environment. Fast Fourier transformation (FFT) based THD has also been calculated on the captured stator current signals of induction motor (IM) for its performance analysis. Results have come out very much optimistic which indicates proper designing and performance assessment of this type of machines. This analysis is also equally important for the analysis of protection and control of asynchronous machines
- Ratnani, Punit L., and A. G. Thosar. “Mathematical modelling of an three phase IM using MATLAB/Simulink”, International Journal of Modern Engineering Research (IJMER) 4, no. 6 (2014): 62-67.
- Ms. Tripti Rai, Prof. Prashant Debre Electrical Engineering department Rajiv Gandhi college of Engineering and research Nagpur, India, “Generalized Mathematical Model Of three phase Induction Motor” 978-1-4673-9925-8/16/$31.00 ©2016 IEEE 927
- Aktai, Adel. "Daw ghanim,“Dynamic simulation of a3 phase induction motor using matlab simulink”, In 20th annual new foundation electrical and computer equation conference (NECEC 2011), IEEE.
- B. Liang “Simulation and Fault detection of three phase induction motor" TENCON'02. Proceedings. 2002 IEEE Region 10 Conference on Computers Communications Control Power Engineering vol. 3 pp. 1813-1817 28–31 Oct. 2002.
- Mrs. M. Suidha', Dr. P. Anbalagan2, Member IEEE, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Coimbatore Institute of Technology, “A Novel Protecting Method for Induction Motor Against Faults Due to Voltage Unbalance and Single Phasing”, The 33rd Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON) Nov. 5-8, 2007, Taipei, Taiwan
- Khaled Laadjal, Mohamed Sahraoui, Abdeldjalil Alloui and Antonio J. Marques Cardoso 1 Article “Three-Phase Induction Motors Online Protection against Unbalanced Supply Voltages”, doi.org/10.3390/machines9090203
- M. Kezunovic, “Intelligent systems in protection engineering”, In Power Con 2000. 2000 International Conference on Power System Technology. Proceedings (Cat. No. 00EX409), vol. 2, pp. 801-806. IEEE, 2000.
- B. Liang, “Simulation and Fault detection of three phase induction motor”, TENCON '02. Proceedings. 2002 IEEE Region 10 Conference o n Computers, Communications, Control Power Engineering (Volume:3), 28-31 Oct. 2002, 1813 - 1817 vol.3.
- W.H. Kersting, “Causes and Effects of Single-phasing Induction motors", IEEE Trans. on Industry applications, Vol.41, No.6, Nov/Dec2005, pp 1499-1505.
- W.H. Kersting, W.H. Phillips, “Phase Frame Analysis of the Effects of Voltage Unbalance on Induction Machines”, IEEE Trans. on Industry Applications, vol.33, No.2, March/April1997, pp415-420.
- Sukhjeet Singh, “Motor Current Signature Analysis for Bearing Fault Detection in Mechanical Systems”, Computer Modeling and Simulation, 2008. EMS '08. Second UKSIM European Symposium, 8- 10 Sept. 2008, pages 347 – 352.
- Cummings, P.B.; Dunki-Jacobs, J.R.; Kerr, R.H. Protection of induction motors against unbalanced voltage operation. IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl. 1985, IA-21, 778–792.
- Bento, F.J.F.; Adouni, A.; Muxiri, A.C.P.; Fonseca, D.S.B.; Cardoso, A.J.M. On the Risk of Failure to Prevent Induction Motors Permanent Damage, Due to the Short Available Time-to-Diagnosis of Inter-Turn Short-Circuit Faults. IET Electr. Power Appl. 2021, 15, 51–62.
- Adouni, Amel, and Antonio J Marques Cardoso. "Thermal analysis of low-power three-phase induction motors operating under voltage unbalance and inter-turn short circuit faults”,Machines 9, no. 1 (2021): 2.
- Bonnett, Austin H., and George C. Soukup. “Cause and analysis of stator and rotor failures in three-phase squirrel-cage induction motors", IEEE Transactions on Industry applications 28, no. 4 (1992): 921-937.
- Y. Takezawa et all, “Thermal Deterioration Diagnosis by Optical Fiber Sensors for Mica-epoxy Insulation of HV Induction Motors”, IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation Vol. 8 No. 1, Februayy 2001
- Suri Sathya Prashant and S. Shyam Sundar et. al “Computer Aided Online Fault Diagnosis of Induction Motor”, 9 th International Conference, Electrical Power and Quality Utilization Barcelona pp. 9- 11 Oct. 2007
- N.A. Nordin, H. Singh, Detection and classification of induction motor faults using motor current signature analysis and multilayer perceptron, IEEE Int. Power Eng. Optim. Conf. (PEOCO) (2014) 35–40
- M. Seera, C.P. Lim, Online motor fault detection and diagnosis using a hybrid FMM-CART model, IEEE Trans. Neural Netw. Learn. Syst. 25 (2014) 806–812.
- A. Siddique, G.S. Yadava, B. Singh, Identification of three phase induction motor incipient faults using neural network, IEEE Int. Symp. Electr. Insul. (2004) 30–33
- R. Palácios, I.N. Silva, A. Goedtel, W.F. Godoy, “A comprehensive evaluation of intelligent classifiers for fault identification in three-phase induction motors”, Elsevier Electr. Power Syst.Res. 127 (2015) 249–258,
- Celli, Gianni, Emilio Ghiani, Fabrizio Pilo, and Gian Giuseppe Soma. “Reliability assessment in smart distribution networks”, Electric Power Systems Research 104 (2013): 164-175.
- A. Bellini, F. Filippetti, C. Tassoni, and G.-A. Capolino, “Advances in diagnostic techniques for induction machines”, IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 55, no. 12, pp. 4109–4126, Dec. 2008
- Zhao, Xiaoyue, and Xinyan Zhang. “Artificial intelligence applications in power system”,Advances in Intelligent Systems Research 133 (2016): 158-161.
- R.P. Broadwater, J.C. Thompson, S. Rahman, A. Sargent, “An expert system for integrated protection design with configurable distribution circuits. I", Power Delivery, IEEE Transactions on, vol.9, no.2, pp.1115-1121, Apr 1994.
- S.D.J. MacArthur, J.R. McDonald, S.C. Bell, G.M. Burt, “Expert systems and model-based reasoning for protection performance analysis”, Artificial Intelligence Applications in Power Systems, IEE Colloquium on, vol., no., pp.1/1-1/4, 20 Apr 1995.
- Abdelmoniem, Abdelaziz Mohamed, Abdel-Fattah Mahmoud Abdel-Fattah, Abdelmonem Asem Abdelmomem, Ahmed Refaat Mohamed Attia ElShamy, Ahmed Tarek Taha Ghoneim, El-Sayed Mohamed Gayel Mohamed, Hossam Ashraf Abdel Motaal et al. "Protective Device Coordination and Arc-Flash Hazard Analysis of Industrial Distribution Networks”, (2018).
- Zhao, Xiaoyue, and Xinyan Zhang. “Artificial intelligence applications in power system”, Advances in Intelligent Systems Research 133 (2016): 158-161