Author : Mr. S.S.Godhade 1
Date of Publication :16th February 2017
Abstract: there are different ways to improve power quality problems in electrical power system. Among these the D-STATCOM is one of the most effective devices. A pulse width modulation scheme has been implemented to control the gates circuit of the DSTATCOM Controller. To improve the quality of power, active power filters have been proposed. The distribution static compensator (DSTATCOM) is a shunt active filter, which injects currents into the point of common coupling (PCC) (the common point where load, source, and DSTATCOM are connected) such that the harmonic filtering, power factor correction, and load balancing can be achieved. The DSTATCOM filters load current such that it meets the specifications for utility connection
- Operation of a DSTATCOM in Voltage Control Mode” by Mahesh K. Mishra, Student Member, IEEE, Arindam Ghosh Senior Member, IEEE, and Avinash Joshi.
- A DSTATCOM Topology With Reduced DC-Line Voltage Rating for Load Compensation With Nonstiff Source, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS, VOL. 27, NO. 3, MARCH 2012.
- M. Bollen, Understanding Power Quality Problems: Voltage Sags and Interruptions. New York: IEEE Press, 1999.
- “Understanding FACTS; Concepts and Technology of Flexible AC Transmission Systems” by N. G. Hingorani, L.Gyugyi
- Hendri Masdi1, Norman Mariun.M.Bashi MIEEE, A. Mohamed, SallehhudinYusuf“Design of a prototype DSTATCOM for voltage sag mitigation” in IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS, VOL. 20, NO. 9, April 2009.
- ArindamGhosh and Gerard Ledwich. “Load Compensating D-STATCOM in Weak AC Systems” in IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER DELIVERY, VOL. 18, NO. 4, OCTOBER 2003.
- M.Deepika, Mrs.S.M.Padmaja. “SIMULATION OF DSTATCOM BASED ON 5-LEVEL CASCADED HBRIDGE INVERTER” in International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT) Vol. 1 Issue 5, July - 2012 ISSN: 2278-0181.