Author : Arun S Dev 1
Date of Publication :7th March 2015
Abstract: This paper examines the speed control of induction motors and monitoring of its parameters along with overload and overcurrent protection; proposing a single unit to execute the mentioned functions. The speed control of induction motors is necessary to reach the best efficiency of high speed electric drives besides its robustness and cheapness. Monitoring presents the result of complicated analysis to the user in a simple way by providing detailed diagnostic information for overload and overcurrent protection. Speed control is done using Direct Torque Control Space Vector Modulation (DTC-SVM) and monitoring using Programmable Logic Control (PLC). This paper provides a vectorial representation of speed control algorithm using SVM and a high accuracy monitoring control system by PLC incorporated with overload and overcurrent protection. This proposed system increases the versatility of existing conventional systems.
- CristianLasc u, Ion Boldea, , and FredeBlaabjerg, “A Modified Direct Torque Control for Induction Motor Sensorless Drive”, IEEE Transactions On Industry Applications, VOL. 36, NO. 1, January/February 2000.
- Hosni Hiba, Hmidet Ali and HasnaouiOthmen, “DTC-SVM Control for Three Phase Induction Motors”.
- K. Vinoth Kumar, Prawin Angel Michael, Joseph P. John and Dr. S. Suresh Kumar, “Simulation And Comparison Of SPWM And SVPWM Control For Three Phase Inverter”, VOL. 5, NO. 7, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, July 2010.
- Dorin O. Neacsu, “Space Vector Modulation –An Introduction”, IECON'01: The 27th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society. MªÁngeles Martín Prats, L. G. Franquelo, , R. Portillo, J. I. León, E. Galván, and J. M.
- Carrasco, “A 3-D Space Vector Modulation Generalized Algorithm for Multilevel Converters”, IEEE Power Electronics Letters, VOL. 1, NO. 4, December 2003.
- Alnasir. Z.A, Almarhoon. A.H, “Design of Direct Torque Controller of Induction Motor (DTC)”, Alnasir, Z.A. et al. / International Journal of Engineering and Technology (IJET).
- Maria G. Ioannides, “Design and Implementation of PLC-Based Monitoring Control System for Induction Motor”, IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, VOL. 19, NO. 3, September 2004.
- YasarBirbir, H.SelcukNogay, “Design and Implementation of PLCBased Monitoring Control System for Three-Phase Induction Motors Fed by PWM Inverter”, International Journal Of Systems Applications, Engineering & Development ,Issue 3, Volume 2, 2008.