Author : Bhushan D. Deotale 1
Date of Publication :7th October 2015
Abstract: Today power systems play an important role in supplying energy to meet rise in load demand. But this increase in energy is not sufficient to meet the increase in power demand. Alternatively if we installed new power plants than we have to installed new transmission lines in which the cost rises. Due to increase in the power demand continuously and with the deregulation of electricity in the market it is necessary to load the lines up to its maximum thermal limit known as steady state stability limit. It is the maximum flow of power without losing synchronism. This thermal stability limit is limited by transient stability limit. Hence to improve transient stability limit we use facts devices and here series facts device thyristor switched series capacitor is used. It is a discrete control device and the proposed controller is designed. In this paper transient stability of IEEE 9 bus, 3 machine system is designed under severe disturbance under MATLAB Simulink.
- z. Xu, j. Stergaard, and m. Togeby,“demand as frequency controlled reserve,” ieee trans. Power syst., vol. 26, no. 3, 2011.
- mahnoosh alizadeh and andrew applebaum “reduced order load models for large population of flexible appliances,”ieee trans. power systems., vol. 30, no.4 ,july 2015.]
- j. A. Short, d. G. Infield, and l. L. Freris, “stabilization of grid frequency through dynamic demand control,” ieee trans.power systems vol. 22, no. 3, 2007.
- simon h. Tindemans, vincenzo trovato and goran strbac, member, ieee,“decentralized control of thermostatic loads for flexible demand response,”ieee transactions on control systems technology.
- mohammad r. Vedady moghadam, richard t. B.ma, andrui zhang, “distributed frequency control in smart grids via randomized demand response,” ieee transactions on smart grid vol. 5, no. 6 2014
- he hao, borhan m. Sanandaji, kameshwar poolla, and tyrone l.vincent,“aggregate flexibility of thermostatically controlled loads, ”ieee transactions on power electronics, vol 30, no. 1, january. 2015
- Prabha Kundur, “Power System Stability and Control”, McGraw-Hill Inc, edition 1st, 1994.
- Nicklas Johansson, lennartring quist, Member , IEEE, and Hans- Peter Nee, An adaptive controller for power system stability and power flow control by means of a thyristor switched series capacitor (TSSC) IEEE Transactions on Power Systems Vol.25, No,1, February 2010.
- T. Kadam, P. Bankar, P. Srivastava, V. Kamble, Transient stability analysis and enhancement of a complex multimachine system using controllers, IEEE International Conference on Technological Advancements in Power & Energy 2015.
- Selvamani Prabaharan. M, Lakshmanan P2, Enhancement of transient stability in a 9 Bus System using matrix converter based UPFC, International Journal of Science and Research Theory Tsao-Tsung Ma, Ming-Han Lee PEDS2009.
- N.P.Johansson, L.Ängquist, and H.-P. Nee, “Adaptive control of controlled series compensators for power system stability improvement,” in Proc. PowerTech, Jul. 2007, pp. 355–360.