Author : A.Manoj Kumar 1
Date of Publication :7th December 2015
Abstract: One of the major operating challenges in the deregulated electric power industry is the Transmission Congestion. Congestion occurs when there is an insufficient transmission capacity to simultaneously accommodate all requests for transmission service within a region. To relieve this Congestion we use rescheduling of the generator active power outputs. But all the generators may not be taking part in this process. Participating generators are optimally selected based on the generator sensitivity factor. In the literature, Genetic Algorithm (GA) and Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO) is used for minimizing rescheduling cost of the generators, where as in the proposed method Anti Predatory Particle Swarm Optimization technique (APPSO) is used for minimizing rescheduling cost of the generators. The proposed method was developed on IEEE standard 30 bus and 57 bus test systems in MATLAB software environment.
- B.K. Talukdar, A K Sinha, S M, A Bose ,‖ a computationally simple method for cost coefficient generation rescheduling and load shedding for congestion management‖, Int. J. Elec. Power Energy syst. vol. 27,no.5&6, pp 379—388,2005.
- Deependra Singh and K.S.Verma, ―GA-based Congestion Management in Deregulated power system using FACTS Devices‖, IEEE Trans on power system, June 2006.
- Jasmy Paul, Tibin Joseph and Sasidharn Sreedharan ―PSO based generator rescheduling for relieving transmission overload‖. Kottayam India
- Meena.T & Selvi.K ―Cluster based Congestion Management in Deregulated Electricity Market using PSO‖. In proceedings of IEEE, Indicon conference 2005, Chennai, India, pp. 627-630,
- Z.L.Gaing, ―Particle swarm optimization to solving the economic dispatch considering the generator constraints,‖ IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 1187–1195, Aug. 2003.
- D.P. Kothari, J.S.Dhillon ―Power System Optimization‖ second edition @2011 by PHI Learinng Private Limited, New Delhi.
- Sujatha Balaraman & N. kamaraj ―Transmission Congestion Management Using Particle Swarm Optimization‖. J. Electrical Systems 7-1 (2011):54-70