Author : Dinesh Kesaboina 1
Date of Publication :7th December 2015
Abstract: Microgrids are raising to be reliable source of power generation to integrate with the utility grid. Individual AC microgrids or DC microgrids require many conversions of power at the consumer end for DC loads and AC loads respectively, giving a less efficient system.In this paper, a droop control strategy is proposed for management of powerin islanding mode; which is the most challenging operating mode in a Hybrid micro grid. This paper uses a droop method which has been modifies to work efficiently for a Hybrid Micro grids which requires a bi-directional flow of power through it. Control of Power is handled by the main converter during different operating modes of the hybrid micro grid.
- F.Katiraei, M.R.Iravani, A.L.Dimeas, and N.D.Hatziargyriou, “Microgrids management: control and operation aspects of microgrids,” IEEE Power Energy Mag., vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 54–65, May/Jun. 2008.
- R. H. Lasseter and P. Paigi, “Microgrid: A conceptual solution,” in Proc. IEEE-PESC’04, 2004, pp. 4285–4290.
- H. Nikkhajoei and R. H. Lasseter, “Distributed generation interface to the certs microgrid,” IEEE Trans. Power Del., vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 1598–1608, Jul. 2009.
- F. Katiraei and M. R. Iravani, “Power management strategies for a micro grids with multiple distributed generation units,” IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 1821–1831, Nov. 2006.
- C. K. Sao and P. W. Lehn, “Control and power management of converter fed microgrids,” IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 1088–1098, Aug. 2008.
- I.-Y. Chung, W. Liu, D. A. Cartes, E. G. Collins, Jr, and S. Moon, “Control methods of inverter-interfaced distributed generators in a mi- crogrid system,” IEEE Trans. Ind. App., vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 1078–1088, May/Jun. 2010.
- N. Eghtedarpour and E. Farjah, “Control strategy for distributed inte- gration of photovoltaic and energy storage systems in dc microgrids,” J. Renewable Energy, vol. 45, pp. 96–110, Sep. 2012.
- L. Xu and D. Chen, “Control and operation of a DC micro grids with variable generation and energy storage,” IEEE Trans. Power Del., vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 2513–2522, Oct. 2011.
- M. E. Baran and N. R. Mahajan, “DC distribution for industrial sys- tems- opportunities and challenges,” IEEETrans. Ind. App., vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 1596–1601, Nov./Dec. 2003.
- N. Eghtedarpour and E. Farjah, “Distributed charge/discharge control of energy storages in a renewableenergy-based DC microgrid,” IET Renew. Power Gen., vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 45–57, Jan. 2014