Author : Rajesh AV 1
Date of Publication :7th February 2016
Abstract: Proposed Pseudoboost rectifier is used for natural power factor correction due to their advantages of less componen4t count, high power density,less conduction loss and high efficiency. Power supplies with active power factor correction (PFC) techniques are becoming necessary for many types of electronic equipment to meet harmonic regulation and standards.This paper compared with conventional topology because of absence of input diode bridge and the presence of only one diode in the current path, thus improved the thermal management.To achieve an automatic power factor correction close to unity the topology work in resonant mode , which have the additional advantages such as zero- current turn- on in active switches and Zero- current turn-off in the output diodes which reduce complexity of the circuit. MATLAB/SIMULINK is used to obtain the simulation.
- J.MarcosAlonso,J.Vina,D.G.Vaquero,G.Martinez,and R.Osorio,”Analysiss and design of the integrated double buck-boost converter as a high-power factor driver for driver for power-LED lamps,”IEEE Trans.Ind.Electron., vol.59,no.4,pp.1689 1696,Apr.2012.
- S.K. Kiand D.D.Lu,”Implementation of an efficient transformer less single-stage single- switch AC/DC converter,”IEEE Trans.Ind.Electron., vol.57,no.12,pp.4095- 4104,Dec.2010.
- H.J.Chiu,Y.K.Lo,H.C.Lee,S.J.Cheng, Y.C.Yan,C.Y.Lin,T.H.Wang,and S.C.Mou,”AA Singlestage soft-switching flyback converter for power-factorcorrectionapplications,”IEEETrans.Ind.Electron.,vol.57,no. 6,pp.2187-2190 Jun.2010.
- Y.JangandM.M.Jovanovic,”Bridgeless high-power-factor buck converter,”IEEE Trans.Power Electron.,vol.26,no.2,pp.602-611,Feb.2011
- Z.Chen,J.Xu,G.Zhou,and F.Zhang,”Analysis of bridgeess pseudo-boost PFC Converter ,”in Proc.IEEE Int.Symp.Ind.Electron.,May 2012.
- D.D.Chuan Lu and W.Wang,”Bridgeless power factor correction circuits with voltage-doubler configuration,”presented at the IEEE Int.Conf.Power Electronic and Drive Systems,Singapore,Dec.2011.