Author : Vidya S Rao 1
Date of Publication :7th May 2016
Abstract: A Twin Rotor MIMO System (TRMS) is a dynamic model, which is similar in behaviour with helicopter system with significant cross-coupling. Actuator failure in helicopter system may cause huge risks to life and property. Thus, a redundant system is required. Therefore, there is a need for a system, which can direct the control action to the other analogous system so that damages can be eluded. In this paper, redundant motors are used in parallel with the actual motors to avoid this damage and maintain the system stability.
- “Twin Rotor MIMO System Advanced Teaching manual-1”pp.33-007-4M5, 2002, Feedback Instruments Ltd.
- Vidya S.Rao,Milind Mukerji, V.I.George, Surekha Kamath, Shreesha C, “System Identification and Observer Design For TRMS”, IJCEE, Vol. 5, No. 6, pp.563-567, 2013.
- Vidya S.Rao, V.I.George, Surekha Kamath, Shreesha C., “Reliable H infinity Observer-Controller Design for Sensor and Actuator Failure in TRMS”, proceeding ICAEE-2014, VIT Vellore, Jan 9-13, DOI. 10.1109/ICAEE.2014.6838536,IEEE, 2014
- Vidya S.Rao, George V.I, Surekha Kamath, Shreesha C, “Implementation of Reliable H infinity ObserverController for TRMS with sensor and actuator failure”, Proceedings Asian Control Conference, Malaysia, DOI:10.1109/ASCC.2015.7244381, pp.1588-1593, 2015.
- Datasheet of PCI-1711 Multipurpose Card
- Datasheet of Maxon A-max D.C motor.
- DPDT, http://www.learningaboutelectronics.com/Articles/ Double-pole-double- throw-switch-DPDT.  M. Belkheiri, “Model Parameter Identification and Nonlinear Control of a Twin Rotor MIMO System TRMS”.