Author : K.Srinivasu 1
Date of Publication :7th August 2016
Abstract: Multilevel inverter performance is high compared to the conventional two level inverters due to their reduced harmonic distortion, lower electromagnetic interference. However the main drawback of multilevel inverter is increased number of switches, complex pulse width modulation control and balancing of capacitor voltages. This paper proposes a single phase fifteen level inverter for photo-voltaic applications. The proposed inverter topology consists of fewer components with low complexity gate drives and control signals. This paper also presents the most relevant control and modulation methods like Staircase modulation technique with sinusoidal wave as reference. In this paper also studied proposed multilevel inverter topology for both symmetric and asymmetric configurations. Proposed multilevel inverter is compared with already existing inverter topologies. The entire system is numerically simulated using MATLAB/SIMULINK and the simulation results are presented.
- “Performance evaluation of modified cascaded multi level inverter”by m.nandini gayatri, p.ram prakash and m.amarnath, journal of applied sciences 14(15):1750-1756,2014
- WU.B.High power converters and AC drives, Hobokew, NJ ohm Wiley and sons, inc.2006.
- Mohammad farhadi kangarlu and ebrahim babaei, “ageneralized cascaded multilevel inverter using series connection of submultilevel inverters”, ieee trans. On power electronics, vol. 28, no. 2, feb. 2013.
- Alex Ruderman And Sam Schlosberg, “A Hybrid Asymmetric Cascaded Multilevel Inverter Comprising Highresolution And Symmetric Low Resolution Parts”, Ieee 25th Convention Of Electrical And Electronics engineers in israel (ieeei- 2008), pp. 21-25, 3-5 dec. 2008.
- Ebrahim babaei and mohammad sadegh moeinian, “asymmetric cascaded multilevel inverter with charge balance control of a low resolution symmetric subsystem”, elsevier journal of energy conversion and management, vol. 51, pp. 2272–2278, nov. 2010.
- J. Rodriguez, j. S lai, and f. Z. Peng “multilevel inverters: a survey of topologies, controls, and applications,” ieee trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 724-738, aug. 2002.
- L. M. Tolbert, f. Z. Peng and t. G. Habetler “multilevel converters for large electric drives,” ieee trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 35, no. 1,pp. 36-44, jan. 1999
- Ebrahim babaei and seyed hossein hosseini, “new cascaded multilevel inverter topology with minimum number of switches”, elsevier journal of energy conversion and management, vol.50, pp. 2761–2767, nov. 2009
- Ebrahim babaei, mohammad farhadi kangarlu, and farshid najaty mazgar, “symmetric and asymmetric multilevel inverter topologies with reduced switching devices”, elsevier journal of electric power systems research, pp. 122– 130, 2012
- Mahajan sagar bhaskar ranjana, pandav kiran maroti, ruchita maheshwari, pachagade ruchi m. “multilevel inverter with level shifting spwm technique using fewer number of switches for solar applications”, ijret, volume: 04 issue: 10 | oct-2015.