Author : Jestin P J 1
Date of Publication :7th August 2016
Abstract: In this paper design, analysis and simulation of new power factor correction multiple output switched mode power supply based on bridgeless buck-boost converter is proposed. Conventional SMPS with diode bridge rectifier has disadvantages such as high distortion in input current and low power factor. In order to rectify this problem new bridgeless converter based SMPS is proposed. Comparing with conventional topologies the proposed topology improves power quality indices. The performance evaluation of multiple output SMPS is done by varying input voltage. The performance of this SMPS is simulated in MATLAB/simulink environment.
- N. Mohan, T. M. Undeland, and W. P. Robbins, Power Electronics: Converters, Applications and Design. Hoboken, NJ,USA: Wiley,2003.
- Limits for Harmonic Current Emissions, International ElectroTechnical Commission Standard, Std. 61000-3-2, 2004.
- IEEE Recommended Practices and Requirements for Harmonics Controlling Electric Power System, IEEE Std. 519, 1992.
- D. O. Koval and C. Carter, “Power quality characteristics of computerloads,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 613–621,May/Jun. 1997.
- Singh, S. Singh, A. Chandra, and K. Al-Haddad, “Comprehensive study of single-phase AC–DC power factor corrected converters with high frequency isolation,”IEEE Trans. Ind. Informant., vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 540–556, Nov. 2011 .
- A. Canesin and I. Barbi, “A unity power factor multiple isolated outputs switching mode power supply using a single switch,” in Proc.IEEE APEC, Mar. 1991, pp. 430– 436.